25th September 2015, 08:33 PM
Unregistered

What are the requirements for joining Indian Forest Service?

Hello,

I have passed B.Sc. (Comp. Sci.). I want to join INDIAN FOREST SERVICE. Please tell me what are the requirements for this?

25th September 2015, 09:53 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the requirements for joining Indian Forest Service?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,

I have passed B.Sc. (Comp. Sci.). I want to join INDIAN FOREST SERVICE. Please tell me what are the requirements for this?
No, B.Sc in Computer Science candidates are not eligible for INDIAN FOREST SERVICE exam.

IFS stands for Indian Forest Service exam. This exam is conducted by UPSC.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university in Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a degree in Agriculture or Forestry or Engineering are eligible for IFS exam.

Final year student are also eligible for IFS exam,

Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years. Age relaxation is provided for SC/ST/OBC candidate category.

Pattern for IFS exam:-

Paper I:- General English (300 marks)
Paper II:- General Knowledge (300 marks)
Paper III-VI:- Any two selected optional subject (200 marks for each paper)
Personality Test:- 300 marks
25th September 2015, 11:05 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Requirements for Indian Forest Service Exam:

Candidates whoever meet the below requirements, those are certainly eligible to appear in Indian Forest Service Examination. Here are the detailed educational qualification and age criteria.

Educational Qualification:

>> Candidates must have completed Bachelor's Degree with minimum one of the subjects namely,
* Botany
* Chemistry
* Animal Husbandry
* Veterinary Science
* Physics
* Zoology
* Geology
* Mathematics
* Statistics

(Or)

>> Bachelor Degree in Agriculture or Forestry

(Or)

>> Bachelor Degree in Engineering from a recognized university.

Age Criteria: (As on 1st July of the year of Exam)

@ Minimum Age - 21 years
@ Maximum Age - 30 years
25th September 2015, 11:09 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

-> As you want I am here giving you detail about the requirement for Indian Forest Service examination.

-> Bachelor’s degree with at least one of the following subjects :Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Zoology .

-> Age-limits required for IFS is 21-30 Years.

The Physical requirements for IFS as given below.

-> Criteria for women

1. Height - min. 150 cm and 5 cm relaxation for obc/sc/st.
2. Weight should be suitable with height.
3. Chest- min. 79 cm and 5 cm relaxation for sc/st/obc.

-> Criteria for men

1. Min. height- 165 cm and 5 cm relaxation for SC/ST/OBC candidates.
2. Weight should be suitable with height.
3. Chest- 84 cm (min) and 5 cm relaxation for obc/sc/st.
25th September 2015, 11:34 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for the Indian Forest Services examination is as below:

>>Candidate must have passed his/her bachelor's degree from a recognized university with at least one of the subjects in graduation as mentioned below:

>>Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or bachelor's degree in agriculture or forestry or bachelor's degree in engineering from a recognized university.

>>The age limit for candidates of general category is 21-30 years with upper age relaxed for reserved candidates.

So if you have studied any of the subjects in the bachelor's degree then you can apply for the IFS exam.

For more details Click here .
26th September 2015, 07:21 PM
Saranbala18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,

You have to write the examination conducted by the UPSC (it is the same exam for all the services like IAS, IPS, IRS, IFS). The eligibility for writing the examination will be a Bachelor’s degree with at least one of the following subjects: Veterinary science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology, Agriculture, Forestry. The age limit will be 30 years, for OBCs 33 years and for SC/ST will be 35 years. You have to first clear the preliminary exam and then the mains to get a job in Indian Forest Service. You can also check the details in the UPSC website:
http://upsc.gov.in/general/ifs.htm.
27th September 2015, 01:46 AM
sukhpal0015

Indian forest services abreavated IFS. It is a civil service exam. For upsc exam education qualification is just graduation in any fiels. So you are eligible for IFS. You can fill form of civil service 2016. This upsc exam cover IPS, IAS and IFS all together. This is really a tough exam to crack. It totally belongs to your aptitude. This exam conduct in 2 modes. One is pre and other is main. Pre test is objective while main is completely subjective. From rank got in civil service exam, with ngs allot to the students.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?