17th May 2013, 12:19 AM
Unregistered

What is the syllabus of IAS exam after B.Tech computer science? What is the procedure for minor?

Syallbus for IAS examination after Btech computer science and tell full procedure for minor, major and interview examination in IAS.

17th May 2013, 01:11 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the syllabus of IAS exam after B.Tech computer science? What is the procedure for minor?

The syllabus is same for every Graduates except the optional subjects that you have to opt for in the mains examination.

The preliminary exam is same foe everyone and there is no optional subject in the preliminary examination.

The basic qualification for IAS exam is Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University. The age should be between 21 to 30 years if you are General category candidate . For SC/ST and OBC there is age relaxation available.

Examination Pattern:

-Preliminary Examination- Two Paper of 200 marks each in General Studies and Aptitude Test.

-Mains Exam - General Studies and Optional subjects.

-Personality Test

You have to clear Preliminary then only you will qualify for Mains exam. If you perform well in Mains then you will be called for Personality Test.

So you must start your preparation for IAS examination.

For syllabus download the attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: docx SYLLABI FOR THE EXAMINATION.docx(19.8 KB, 2204 views)
17th May 2013, 02:23 PM
Panchal007

Default Re: What is the syllabus of IAS exam after B.Tech computer science? What is the procedure for minor?

hii...
search on this link.www.spipa.in
It will give better guidance.
12th June 2013, 10:57 AM
Unregistered

can you do IAS after b.tech(ece)
15th July 2013, 04:41 PM
Unregistered

i m doing b.tech in eee then what is the syllabus for me for ias
31st July 2013, 08:53 AM
Unregistered

Do we have an optional subject for cse in ias mains exam ?
31st July 2013, 04:20 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Hi,

The full form of IAS is Indian Administrative Services. It is a civil service exam conducted by UPSC.

Eligibility:

--You should be a Graduate in any discipline.

--Age limit is 21 to 30years.

--No percentage criteria is required in 10th,12th and Graduation.

--A relaxation of 3 and 5 years is given to BC and Sc/St Categories.

--Number of Attempts for Open category is 4 times, 7 times for OBC, and no limit for SC and ST.

I have attached IAS Syllabus.

All the best.............
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IAS Syllabus.pdf(346.2 KB, 967 views)
12th August 2013, 01:19 PM
Unregistered

I want to know about IAS for computer science engineer?
16th August 2013, 02:06 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Syallbus for IAS examination after Btech computer science and tell full procedure for minor, major and interview examination in IAS.
IAS Stands for Indian Administrative Service Examination .

If you have graduation degree from recognized university then you can apply for IAS Exam.IAS exam conducted for UPSC through civil service exams .

Yes , B-Tech computer science department are applicable for IAS exam .

The age eligibility criteria is -

Minimum age - 21 years old.
Maximum age - 30 years old.

Permissible No of Attempts in IAS exam -

For General Category - 4
For OBC - 7
For SC/ST - No limit

Selection process for IAS exam are -

1) Preliminary Test
2)Mains Exam
3)Personal Interview.

Interview is depend on your communication skill , eye contact and Knowledge basic .If you have above mentioned skill then you can definitely cracked the IAS exam .

I have attached the Syllabus for IAS exam so please check it out .

For online application or other details of IAS exam so please visit to www.upsc.gov.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SYLLABUS FOR IAS EXAM.pdf(11.7 KB, 461 views)
19th August 2013, 11:20 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
IAS Examination Selection Procedure:-

It consists of the following two stages:-
  1. Preliminary Examination- also known as the qualifying exam.
  2. Main Examination- consists of a written exam and an interview session.
IAS Prelim Exam Pattern:-

The preliminary examination consists of two compulsory papers. You will get two hours to complete each paper and for each paper 200 marks have been allotted. Here is the exam pattern at a glance for you:-

Paper I - (200 marks) Duration: Two hours
  • Current events of national and international importance.
  • History of India and Indian National Movement.
  • Indian and World Geography - Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
  • Indian Polity and Governance - Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
  • Economic and Social Development Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
  • General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change - that do not require subject specialization.
  • General Science.
Paper II- (200 marks) Duration: Two hours
  • Comprehension
  • Interpersonal skills including communication skills
  • Logical reasoning and analytical ability
  • Decision-making and problem-solving
  • General mental ability
  • Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data
  • interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. - Class X level)
  • English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level).
IAS Main Examination Pattern:-
  • Paper-I and II: Two qualifying papers in any Indian language and English- 300 marks each
  • Paper-III : Essay- 250 Marks
  • Paper-IV: General Studies-I (Indian Heritage and Culture, History and Geography of the World and Society)- 250 marks
  • Paper-V: General Studies -II (Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations)- 250 marks
  • Paper-VI: General Studies -III (Technology, Economic Development, Bio-diversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management)- 250 marks
  • Paper-VII: General Studies -IV (Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude)- 250 marks
  • Paper-VIII & Paper- IX: Optional Subject Papers I & II
List of optional subjects for Main Examination:-

Agriculture ; Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science ; Anthropology ; Botany ; Chemistry ; Civil Engineering ; Commerce and Accountancy ; Economics ; Electrical Engineering ; Geography ; Geology ;History ; Law ; Management; Mathematics ; Mechanical Engineering ; Medical Science ; Philosophy ; Physics ; Political Science and International Relations ; Psychology ;Public Administration ;Sociology ;Statistics and Zoology .

Literature of any one of the following languages:-

Assamese, Bengali, Bodo, Dogri, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Kashmiri, Konkani, Maithili, Malayalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Nepali, Oriya, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Santhali, Sindhi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu, English.

For the full syllabus please download the attachment below.

Hope this helps :-> :->
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IAS Exam Syllabus.pdf(346.2 KB, 313 views)
26th September 2013, 03:05 PM
Unregistered

Thank you
2nd October 2013, 01:44 PM
Unregistered

I am Student of B.TECH 3rd year with IT branch and i want to make a future in CIVIL service. so how to start study for Beat a every stage of Exam. something tell me advice in brief
11th October 2013, 11:07 AM
Unregistered

yes, b.tech it branch syllabus show and which subject her/his chose for ias exam in optional subjects
1st December 2013, 10:50 PM
Unregistered

im studant of IT can i apply for IAS exam
15th March 2014, 10:17 PM
Unregistered

I AM DOING ENNG. BY COMPUTER SCIENCE BRANCE CAN I APPLY FOR THE "IAS" EXAMINATION ???
25th May 2014, 07:35 PM
Unregistered

Angry Re: What is the syllabus of IAS exam after B.Tech computer science? What is the procedure for minor?

Quote:
can you do IAS after b.tech(ece)
this is not fair u have to attatched computer science in optional subjects......
3rd March 2019, 10:54 PM
Unregistered

Sir, may you provide me a IAS pree question paper for b Tech computer science graduate
16th March 2021, 10:56 AM
Unregistered

Can you have syllabus for btech CSE for IAS
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?