13th October 2012, 12:16 PM
jaipal jangid

What is the syllabus for IAS in my field of computer science and engineering

hello sir,
i'm a computer science engineering student, so tell me about the syllabus of ias in my field and which subjects i should choosen

Related Questions:
  1. What is the syllabus of IAS? Which subjects should be chosen? I am a computer science engineering student
  2. Which subjects are better for B.E Computer Science Engineering candidate to take for IAS exam?
  3. Which is the best field among Electronics and Telecommunication, Computer Science and Computer Engineering? Difference between both?
  4. Which subjects I have to choose for IAS Exam after completing my B.E. in Computer Science Engineering?
  5. Scope in IAS or IES after B.Tech (CSE)? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. What is the syllabus of IAS exam after B.Tech computer science? What is the procedure for minor?
  7. Can I study Robotics after completing Diploma in Computer Science & Engineering? -- [New]
  8. How may I get syllabus of entrance exam for B.Tech(computer science) after completing polytechnic(computer science and engineering)?
  9. What should I do to get a Job in Administration field or Teaching field having completed B.Sc in Computer Science and B.Ed in Computer Science?
  10. M.tech/MS without any entrance exam
  11. Computer Science Engineering from Abroad offers most attracting and high paying job profile?
  12. How to do IAS after B.E? I have completed diploma in computer science
  13. Which optional subject to choose in IAS being from computer science and engineering background?
  14. How to join Aeronautical Engineering after doing B.E computer science?
  15. Is is possible to go in research field of computer after doing MSc in computer science?
  16. Syllabus of ISRO entrance exam in computer science? Requirements for a computer engineering to get a job in ISRO? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Can a computer science engineering student give IAS exam and IES?
  18. How to start IAS preparation after completing engineering in computer science?
14th October 2012, 08:58 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the syllabus for IAS in my field of computer science and engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaipal jangid View Post
hello sir,
i'm a computer science engineering student, so tell me about the syllabus of ias in my field and which subjects i should choosen
IAS exam is conducted by UPSC in once time in year through Civil Service Exam.

If you have completed graduation degree or final year of graduation degree from recognized board then you applicable for IAS exam.

But your age should be in between 21 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide only for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candidate is Unlimited. for OBC candidate it is 7 times and for general candidate it is 5 times.

Optional subject:-

Mains Subject:-

You are from Computer Science field but sorry to say that computer science is not there .Even computer science related subject also not there so subject choose is depend on only you.

You can choose those subject which are the strength as your study period or you are interested on some subject .

I have attached the syllabus for IAS Exam so please check it out .This papers are really helpful for you.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf SYLLABUS FOR IAS EXAM.pdf(11.7 KB, 2668 views)
14th October 2012, 09:59 AM
sumitjha14u
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is the syllabus for IAS in my field of computer science and engineering

HELLO DEAR

I have attached the syllabus for IAS Exam........hope it will help you

choose those subject which are the strength as your study period .

age should be in between 21 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide only for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candidate is Unlimited. for OBC candidate it is 7 times and for general candidate it is 5 times.

good luck
Attached Files
File Type: pdf (www.entrance-exam.net)-SYLLABUS FOR IAS EXAM.pdf(11.7 KB, 965 views)
14th October 2012, 01:24 PM
bhaskar51

Quote:
hello sir,
IAS exam is conducted by UPSC in once time in year through Civil Service Exam.

If you have completed graduation degree or final year of graduation degree from recognized board then you applicable for IAS exam.

But your age should be in between 21 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide only for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

Optional subject:-

Mains Subject:-

You are from Computer Science field but sorry to say that computer science is not there .Even computer science related subject also not there so subject choose is depend on only you.

You can choose those subject which are the strength as your study period or you are interested on some subject .

I have attached the syllabus for IAS Exam so please check it out .This papers are really helpful for you.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf -SYLLABUS FOR IAS EXAM.pdf(11.7 KB, 483 views)
14th October 2012, 01:42 PM
ankima
Senior Member+

Smile Re: What is the syllabus for IAS in my field of computer science and engineering

Quote:
hello sir,
Dear,

IAS stands for Indian administrative services.This exam is conducted by UPSC every year. It is conducted in following steps:
  1. Preliminary exam
  2. Main exam
  3. Interview

Those who qualify preliminary exam are allowed to write main exam and after qualifying main exam you are called for the final interview process. Tis is a tough exam and contains lots of had work and intelligence. For computer science students there is no subject whih are related to their own field but they can chose any other subject from all the optional subjects if they wish to appera and their exam willbe conducted on that subject only. So if you want to appear you can chose a subject of your interest and comfort from the optional subjects.

List of the optional subjects for mains are:
  1. Agriculture
  2. Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
  3. Anthropology
  4. Botany
  5. Chemistry
  6. Civil Engineering
  7. Commerce and Accountancy
  8. Economics
  9. Electrical Engineering
  10. Geography
  11. Geology
  12. History
  13. Law
  14. Management
  15. Mathematics
  16. Mechanical Engineering
  17. Medical Science
  18. Philosophy
  19. Physics
  20. Political Science and International Relations
  21. Psychology
  22. Pubic Administration
  23. Sociology
  24. Statistics
  25. Zoology
  26. Literature.

You have to chose two subjects out of them but you cannot chose following combination of subjects:
  1. Political Science & International Relations and Public Administration
  2. Commerce & Accountancy and Management
  3. Anthropology and Sociology
  4. Mathematics and Statistics
  5. Agriculture and Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
  6. Management and Public Administration Of the Engineering subjects, viz., Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering–not more than one subject
  7. Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science and Medical Science

Rest of the IAS syllabus i am attaching with my answer.

ALL THE BEST!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IAS.pdf(11.7 KB, 395 views)
15th October 2012, 08:40 PM

hi jaipal,

since you are from Computer Science field but sorry to say that computer science is not there .Even computer science related subjects also not there.
but u can crack the exam depending upon ur strength and knowledge in other subjects.

I have attached the syllabus for IAS Exam so please check it out .This paper is really helpful for you.

good luck.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf (www.entrance-exam.net)-Syllabus for IAS exam.pdf(11.7 KB, 272 views)
30th November 2012, 12:29 PM
Unregistered

what are the syllabus of ias for computer science & engineering student
28th January 2013, 03:34 PM
Unregistered

Which subjects are better for B.E Computer Science Engineering candidate to take for IAS exam?
5th March 2014, 12:27 AM
Unregistered

I am a student of computer science and engineering(B.tech)...which subject will be helpful for me and how many subjects i will have to choose...plz suggest...and also suggest the best institute for preparation..
20th March 2014, 04:01 PM
Unregistered

i am a student of computer science engineering.please tell me about syllabus of IAS and also tell me about interview question with my related subject
3rd December 2019, 11:30 PM
Unregistered

Sir total no of subject for computer science student??
13th June 2020, 09:32 PM
Unregistered

I am computer science engineer student. My aim is ias. So, l have which optional subject to choose?
29th August 2021, 11:01 PM
Unregistered

How to start the preparation for IAS.
1st September 2021, 03:28 PM
Unregistered

From computer science student which syllabus i flow
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?