25th September 2017, 02:11 AM
Unregistered

What are the technical areas covered in a typical mathematics PhD entrance exam?

What are the technical areas covered in a typical mathematics PhD entrance exam? Can you please list me all the subjects and the topics which I need to get prepared? I am hoping that you will give me the answer soon as possible. Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. What type of preparation is needed to become an electronics engineer to get place in PSU?
  2. Last date of submission of forms of MSc maths?
  3. How to start preparing for government power sector like NTPC, BHEL while doing 3rd year Electrical Engineering?
  4. Mathematics or Applied Mathematics which is better to pursue in PhD? -- [New]
  5. How to do Ph.D in Mathematics?
  6. Is it necessary to appear in CSIR-UGC-NET to study PhD in Mathematics? List of colleges which offer PhD in Mathematics without NET?
  7. Detailed information, procedure to apply and fee structure of PhD in Mathematics program at Delhi University? Syllabus of PhD entrance exam in Delhi University?
  8. PTU University PhD Mathematics entrance exam syllabus?
  9. Should I have to appear in any entrance exam to study PhD in Mathematics at Delhi University?
  10. Eligibility to study PhD in Mathematics for EE graduate? How can I get a chance for doing PhD in Mathematics?
  11. How to prepare for AIEEE in 3 months?
  12. PhD course available for B.Sc Mathematics and MBA HR holder? Entrance exam and details regarding PhD?
  13. How can I go for PhD in Mathematics after 12th? Duration of course? In how many streams can I do PhD? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. How to do PhD in Mathematics having 2 years teaching experience after M.Phil?
  15. Admission procedure for Ph.D in Maths through correspondence from a good University?
  16. Mechanical engineer with 4 years work experience is eligible to do PhD in Mathematics? What route to take for pursuing PhD in Mathematics?
  17. Which graduation course to do if planning to do Ph.D in Maths in future?
  18. Previous 8 years solved question papers for PhD in Mathematics entrance exam of Hyderabad University
25th September 2017, 06:30 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What are the technical areas covered in a typical mathematics PhD entrance exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What are the technical areas covered in a typical mathematics PhD entrance exam? Can you please list me all the subjects and the topics which I need to get prepared? I am hoping that you will give me the answer soon as possible. Thank you!

If you want to prepare for Ph.D mathematics entrance exam, then you must have to prepare well for below mentioned topics to clear the entrance exam.

Major Technical Topics for Ph.D Mathematics Entrance Exam:-

:- Advanced abstract Algebra.

:- Topology.

:- Sets and real numbers.

:- Complex analysis.

:- Differential Equation.

:- Functional analysis.

:- Analytic Mechanics and calculus of variations.

:- Partial differential equation.

There are the major topics covered in entrance exam for Ph.D Mathematics course, So prepare well for these topics and clear Ph.D entrance exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?