Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the UPSC age limit? I have passed 12th science

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir,
I have passed in 12 science stream,
I want to give UPSC examination,
my age is 18 up, Can i give the exam.?

If you have completed 12th standard then you are applicable for one UPSC exam like NDA and SCRA exam.

But others upsc exams required graduation degree .

The NDA examination is conducted by UPSC for the admission in the Army,Naval wing and Air wing of the NDA.The examination is conducted twice in a year.

The eligibility Criteria for the NDA examination is that a candidate has passed class 12th or equivalent.Age of the candidate should be between 16.5 years to 19 years.Only unmarried male candidate are applicable.You must have citizenship of India.

Educatinal qualification required for SCRA exam is given below-

You must have passed In The First or Second Division, The Intermediate or an equivalent Examination of A recognized University or Board With Mathematics And At least one of The Subjects Physics and Chemistry As Subjects of the Examination.

OR

Graduates with mathematics and At least one of The subjects Physics and Chemistry As Their Degree Subjects May Also Apply For UPSC SCRA Examination.

You must have attained the age of minimum 17 years and must not have attained the age of 21 years.

Upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years for SC/ST candidates and 3 years for OBC Candidates.But in NDA exam there is no age relaxation .

As per educational qualification and age criteria , you are applicable for NDA and SCRA exam .

For Online application and want to know more details about NDA exam . you can visit to http://www.upsc.gov.in
10th May 2013, 01:08 AM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What is the UPSC age limit? I have passed 12th science

Dear There,

The acronym for UPSC is Union Public Service Commission.

UPSC conducts a lot of examinations every year and the eligibility criteria of all examination, which are conducted by UPSC, are quite different from each-other.

After completing 12th, you can give NDA examination, which is conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligibility criteria required for the NDA examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of 12th with PCM from any accredited board.

* Sex:- Only Male.

* Age limit:- 16.5-19 yrs.

* Marital status:- Unmarried.

* Nationality:- Indian.

* Physically and mentally fit.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?