13th March 2018, 06:07 PM
Unregistered

What is the use of JEE Main exam? For which all courses its scores are considered?

Is JEE Mains must to get admission in various B.Tech courses? What is the importance of it? Its score is considered for which all courses of engineering?

Related Questions:
  1. Possibility to study in IIT after Diploma engineering but on 12th basis student?
  2. What is the eligibility criteria for Engg/Graduation in M.S University?
  3. JEE Main scores are needed for admission in BCS? Is there any entrance exam for admission in BCS?
  4. Whether percentage of 12th is considered along with scores of JEE Main to study B.Tech in NIT for SC candidate?
  5. Will I be able to get admission in different universities of the world with GRE score?
  6. Can I give JEE Main next year if appear in Maths compartmental?
  7. In which colleges rank of 13815 in WBJEE and 126 marks in JEE Main will be accepted for admission?
  8. Cutoff scores required in JEE Advanced to get education loan for B.E./B.Tech in IIT?
  9. Detailed information about the Courses selection under JEE Mains Paper-I & II?
  10. Should I join Coaching class for preparation of JEE Main & Advanced from 12th standard?
  11. Can I apply for JEE Main 2016 twice, one on the basis of 12th and another on the basis of Diploma? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Am I considered as NRI to appear in JEE Main if studied up to 10th from Sri Lanka and 12th from Tamilnadu? Procedure to get admission through JEE Main?
  13. How many more attempts are available for me in JEE Main?
  14. Qualifying marks in JEE Main? Suitable books for preparation?
  15. Can I give both compartmental and JEE Main exam in 2016? What should I fill up in form, 12th marks or appearing?
  16. Possibility to apply in JEE Main & Advanced for a candidate who has appear JEE Main twice?
  17. Cutoff marks required in JEE Main to study in IIST? How much I should try to get in through JEE Main?
  18. Whether a candidate is eligible to appear in Jee Main on behalf of MP-PET if exhausted 3 chances for applying in colleges of Madhya Pradesh?
26th March 2018, 07:14 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What is the use of JEE Main exam? For which all courses its scores are considered?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is JEE Mains must to get admission in various B.Tech courses? What is the importance of it? Its score is considered for which all courses of engineering?
JEE stand for Joint Entrance Examination. This exam is basically for those candidates who wish to get admission into B.E or B.Tech courses (under graduate programme) for admission to various engineering colleges in India. It is an All India level examination. JEE score is the main criteria for admission in the Indian Institute of Technology and National Institute of Technology.

Joint entrance exam score is considered only for getting admission in the Engineering colleges of India. To study Engineering with any specialization candidate has to sit for JEE exam. On the basis of JEE score admission is given to the student after counselling.
26th March 2018, 07:36 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the use of JEE Main exam? For which all courses its scores are considered?

No, it is not compulsory to appear and qualify for JEE Main to get admission in B.Tech course.

Candidates who want to complete the B.Tech course from central government or some of the state government institutes have to appear and qualify for examination.

Most of the private institutes conducts separate entrance examination also to offer admission. in various stream.
26th March 2018, 07:53 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

No, JEE Main examination score is not mandatory to get admission in B.Tech course. JEE Main examination score is mandatory, if you are interested to take admission in B.Tech course in IIT/ NIT else, it is not mandatory. With the help of JEE Main examination score, you can take admission in Bachelor's degree courses like B.E, B.Tech, B.Arch, B.Planning, etc.,.
26th March 2018, 09:32 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

JEE refers to Joint Entrance Examination and same is a national level engineering entrance examination held by CBSE once every year for offering admission in undergraduate technical degree course i.e; B.Tech ( Bachelor of Technology )/ B.Arch ( Bachelor of Architecture ) mainly across CFTIs ( Central Funded Institutes of Technology ) like IIT, NIT, ISM, IIIT, etc. .

Now, as for you are concerned about the compulsion of appearing in JEE for admission in B.Tech degree course then for your information I would like to let you know that there is no compulsion but if you not appear in JEE you cannot seek admission in any CFTIs which are considered as good technical colleges for pursuing B.tech degree course. Also, top private engineering colleges give priority to JEE score for admission in their college in comparison to any other examination/criteria.

In case you are not able to apply for JEE even then you can get admission good engineering colleges by qualifying entrance examinations like State EEE/CET, BITSAT, SRMEEE, VITEEE, COMED-K, etc. .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?