18th July 2017, 10:38 AM
Unregistered

How many more attempts are available for me in JEE Main?

I am studying in 2nd year of engineering in Bangalore, and I wrote JEE Main exam in 2016, but now I am interested in writing again JEE Mains exam in 2018. Can I write the exam? Am I eligible to write JEE Main exam in 2018?
But, I didn't write JEE Main exam in 2017.

19th July 2017, 01:11 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How many more attempts are available for me in JEE Main?

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination and it is conducted by CBSE and IIT in two stages.

Main by CBSE.

Advanced by IIT.

The number of attempts for Main is three while for Advanced stage is two after qualifying in Main examination.

So, if you have passed 12th board examination in 2016, you are eligible to appear in JEE Main in 2018.

For detail information visit at www.jeemain.nic.in.
19th July 2017, 01:21 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Yes, according to eligibility criteria of JEE Main exam by CBSE, you are eligible to apply for JEE Main Exam.

As you have appeared for this exam once in 2016, so you can appear for this exam two more times.

There is no consecutive attempts criteria in JEE Main Exam, so you can appear even if you have gap in your attempts in appearing JEE Main Exam.
20th July 2017, 12:35 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

JEE refers to Joint Entrance Examination and same is a national level engineering entrance examination held for offering admission in undergraduate technical degree courses in various CFTIs like IIT, NIT, IIIT, ISM, etc. and various private engineering colleges.

Further JEE is held once every year by CBSE in two stages which includes JEE Main followed by JEE Advanced.

As far as you are concerned about the number of attempts allowed for JEE Main then for your information it is three successive attempts that includes the JEE Main of that year in which a candidate has appeared in his/her Class 12th board examination and hence for appearing in JEE Main 2018 one must have either cleared his/her Class 12th board examination in 2016, 2017 or must be going to appear in his/her board examination in 2018.

So as far as your eligibility for JEE Main 2018 is concerned then you are eligible only if you have cleared your Class 12th in 2016 and if so then JEE Main 2018 will be your last attempt.

For more FAQs related to JEE you can refer to the link www.jeemain.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?