17th September 2011, 02:39 AM
richa1509

What will be the scaling criteria of IAS Selection Process for different subjects?

i m in btech 4thec. aiming for ias2012. i want to take electrical engg subject as one of my options. but i hve heard from my seniors preparing for ias that it wud be more stressful and also wud decrease the posibility of selection..is it true?????please explain me the scaling criterion of the ias selection process for different subjcts.... n please sugest me a bit easy subject as second option.

17th September 2011, 01:21 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Lightbulb Re: What will be the scaling criteria of IAS Selection Process for different subjects?

IAS Exam In Brief !!!

To become an IAS Officer One Needs to crack Civil Service Exam. So lets see the Eligibility criteria in Details.

Educational Qualification:-
Must hold a degree of any Discipline from any Recognized University.

Age Limits:-
Must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 1st August, 2010, i.e. he must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1980 and not later than 1st August, 1989.(This is For IAS 2011 & For Next year Exam it will be different )

Attempts:-
For General Category :- only 4 times.
For SC/ST:- Any Time under the Above age Limits.
For OBC:- Only 7 times.

For Pattern of the Exam look Below :-

For Preparation You need to go according to the pattern if you think books might help you then go for it. Some Books are

17th September 2011, 01:44 PM
bhabanisankardas

Location: Jaypurkilla(Near Pipili College), Pipili, Puri, Orissa, India 752104
Default Re: What will be the scaling criteria of IAS Selection Process for different subjects?

Hi

Competition is play a vital role now a days. UPSC conducts civil service exam every year.

Eligibility:

B.E Degree from a recognized university.

21- 30 Yr for general category and 5 yr age relaxation for sc/st candidate.

The Process:
1. Preliminary Exam.
2. Main Exam.
3. Personal Interview.

Best of Luck
17th September 2011, 01:45 PM
bhabanisankardas

Location: Jaypurkilla(Near Pipili College), Pipili, Puri, Orissa, India 752104
Default Re: What will be the scaling criteria of IAS Selection Process for different subjects?

Hi

Competition is play a vital role now a days. UPSC conducts civil service exam every year.

Eligibility:

The Process:
1. Preliminary Exam.
2. Main Exam.
3. Personal Interview.

Best of Luck
17th September 2011, 02:09 PM
black-demon
Senior Member+

this exam is conducted by UPSC every years.

this exam contain three stages
1.pre or CSAT exam
2. mains
3. interview.

the age limit exist for this exam is 21-30. also theer are 5 years relaxation for SC\ST candidates.
17th September 2011, 09:15 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

IAS (Indian Administrative Services) is basically for those who are firmly determined for dedication of themselves towards the own country.

If you are so interested for IAS,after being Engineers, Doctors, or Ph.d you can sit IAS exam conducted by UPSC.

Application forms will come out in the month of January.

According to the new exam pattern of the IAS exam
1) General-Studies paper which carries 150 marks

2) Optional paper which carries 150 marks.

Eligibility Criteria :-

1.Educational Qualification:To appear in IAS exam you should have a Graduation degree in any stream from a recognize University. If you are in final year you can also eligible to apply for the examination.

2.Age:The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of appearing of this examination. The age relaxation is also applicable for the candidates belong to reservation category.

for more visit:http://www.upsc.gov.in

The General Studies paper and one Optional paper both the papers are the compulsory paper.

according to the list of optional paper are as:
1) Psychology
2) Commerce and Accountancy
3) History
4) Geography
5) Physics
6) Medical Science
7) Law
8) Mathematics
9) Mechanical Engineering
10) Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
11) Public Administration
12) Agriculture
13) Sociology
14) Botany
15) Chemistry
16) Geology
17) Electrical Engineering
18) Civil Engineering
19) Economics
20) Philosophy
21) Zoology
22) Political Science
23) Statistics

for some questions or subjects follow the link:http://www.iupsc.com/label/ias/
17th November 2011, 12:17 AM
pabitra_nayak
Senior Member+

Hi

Eligibility:

The Process:
1. Preliminary Exam.
2. Main Exam.
3. Personal Interview.

Best of Luck
17th November 2011, 04:36 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by richa1509 View Post
i m in btech 4thec. aiming for ias2012. i want to take electrical engg subject as one of my options. but i hve heard from my seniors preparing for ias that it wud be more stressful and also wud decrease the posibility of selection..is it true?????please explain me the scaling criterion of the ias selection process for different subjcts.... n please sugest me a bit easy subject as second option.
DETAILS ABOUT IAS EXAM

This exam is conducted by UPSC in once time in year.

Those candidate are graduate from any recognized university with any discipline are eligible for IAS exam.

But your age should be in between 22 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be in citizen in India.

Optional subjects for IAS main exam:

Economics , Electrical Engineering,Geography, Geology ,History, Law,Management,Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Medical Science, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science and International Relations, Psychology, Public Administration, Sociology,Statistics, Zoology, Agriculture, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Anthropology,Botany, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Commerce and Accountancy.

You can choose the subject in sense of your strength .

The IAS selection process is consist in three way

1)Preliminary exam
2)Main exam
3)Inter View.

EXAM DATE:-

Civil Services Preliminary Exam, 2012

Date of notification: 04-02-2012

Last Date for Receipt of Applications: 05-03-2012

Date of Exam: 20-05-2012

Civil Services Main Exam, 2012

Date of Commencement of Exam: 05-10-2012
2nd March 2012, 04:38 PM
Unregistered

total mains paper & corresponding max. marks
12th March 2012, 03:45 PM
Unregistered

To apply for IAS, WHAT Should be our stream SCIENCE or COMMRCE
10th December 2013, 01:31 PM
Unregistered

Hi i have passed bsc with math and physics. Can i choose any subject for ias mains.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?