27th February 2016, 07:20 AM
Unregistered

Whole process to become an IAS after class 10? Which subjects should I choose in 10+2?

Now i am in class 10 and i want to became an IAS so please tell me whole process of ias? Which subject i choose after 10th in class 11th.

27th February 2016, 06:09 PM
kachhadiyaramesh

Default Re: Whole process to become an IAS after class 10? Which subjects should I choose in 10+2?

No any special subject required in 12th to apply for IAS after your graduation. You can choose any stream in your (10+2).

Eligibility

Education Qualification : You should have bachelor's degree in any discipline.

Age Limit : 21 to 32 years. Relaxation applicable 3 years to OBC and 5 years to SC/ST.

Maximum Attemps : 6 for General , 9 for OBC and No restriction for SC/ST.

Application Procedure
- Visit the UPSC official website www.upsconline.nic.in.
- Click "Apply Online".
- IAS Application Form consists of two stages namely a) registration part-I b) registration part-II
- After the submission of personal details you will be asked to print the SBI bank challan on A4 size paper.
- The printed pay slip needs to be used for payment of application fee.
- Click "Submit".
- Print application for your future reference.

IAS Important Dates
- Apply Online From : 23th April , 2016
- Last Date to Apply : 20th May , 2016
- IAS Preliminary Exam : 7th August , 2016
- IAS Main Exam : 3rd December , 2016
27th February 2016, 06:47 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whole process to become an IAS after class 10? Which subjects should I choose in 10+2?

Step wise whole process to become an IAS are as under:-

Candidate need to complete their graduation from a recognized university in any of the stream.

Candidate must have at least 50% aggregate.

Candidate age should not be less than 21 years and not more than 30 years.

Candidates under OBC/SC/ST get 5% relaxation under reservation quota.

Candidate should be mentally and physically fit.

Selection procedure:-

Preliminary
Mains
Personal Interview
27th February 2016, 06:57 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Now i am in class 10 and i want to became an IAS so please tell me whole process of ias? Which subject i choose after 10th in class 11th.
IAS or Civil Services Exam is conducted by UPSC every year.

For appearing in this exam, you must be in final year of your graduation or have passed your bachelor course.

You can choose any subjects in your 11th standard on the basis of your interest.

All stream candidates are eligible for appearing in IAS Exam (formally called Civil Services Exam).

For cracking this exam, you will have to qualify three stages i.e.
  • Preliminary Exam (CSAT Exam)
  • Mains Exam
  • Personal Interview

IAS Preliminary exam pattern:

In Mains Exam, you will have to choose Optional subjects.

Optional subjects:
27th February 2016, 10:52 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Since, you are in 10th std you are now not eligible to appear for Civil Services examination.

To become an I.A.S Officer you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed graduation degree from any recognised university. So, you need to pursue 10+2 and graduation in any discipline to appear for examination.

Yes, it is best time to start preparation for examination if you desire to become an IAS Officer. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?