7th August 2012, 01:34 AM
V.r.kumar

When do I have to write NDA? Am I eligible to write it?

Sir, my sons d.o.b is 29-5-1995.he is in 12th standard.when he has to write nda.is he eligibile to write nda 2013august.
Please gude us sir.
Thank you sir.

7th August 2012, 07:54 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: When do I have to write NDA? Am I eligible to write it?

If your son completes his 12th by 2013 then certainly take the exam in 2013. By then he should be 18 years old. If he wants to join NDA he must clear the exam before he turns 19 years old. Applications for the exam in April 2013 should be available from 1st of January for around a month. There is also an exam conducted on August every year for which applications should be available in May month. He can appear for either of these exams if he will have his 12th results by the results of the NDA exam are declared.
7th August 2012, 09:12 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear........
AS you are interested for NDA exam , The eligibility criteria for NDA exam are as follows....

National Defense Academy (NDA) allows only male candidates to apply for the NDA entrance exam. Candidates who desire to join the Army wing of the NDA must have a pass in class 12 or its equal from any subject stream. The certification must be from a recognized board or university. Those who aspire to join the Naval Wing and the Air Force must have a pass in class 12 in science.

The selection of the candidates into the Air Force, Naval and Army wings of the NFA will be done through the NDA Examination. This exam will be carried out by the Union Public Service Commission. The exam will be held on 30th of December 2011.

>>Age Qualification for NDA Entrance Exam :

Candidates who are appearing for the NDA exam must be unmarried males. They must be atleast 16 1/2 years and not more than 19 years on January 1st or July 1st of the year subsequent to the year of the exam.

The physical details.....

The list of best books from where you can get previous years question with answers.......

For more details visit official website of UPSC.
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck............
7th August 2012, 09:15 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

NDA - NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY, the entrance exam for which is conducted by UPSC twice every year as NDA-I and NDA-II for entry in to Indian Army, Navy and Air Force wing of NDA.

ELIGIBILITY OF NDA:-

-The candidate must be an unmarried Indian male only as girls are not eligible for NDA.
-The candidate should have either appear for the final 12th exam or pass in any stream from a recognised Board.
-Should be within the age of 16.5 to 19 years
-Should have good Physical and Mental physique.

Yes your son can apply for NDA-I 2013 exam which will be held in the month of April 2013 during his appearance of 12th final exam and he can also appear NDA afterwards till 19 years of age.

The selection is through written exam followed by personal interview along with Physical Fitness and Medical Test.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
7th August 2012, 11:13 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: When do I have to write NDA? Am I eligible to write it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.r.kumar View Post
Sir, my sons d.o.b is 29-5-1995.he is in 12th standard.when he has to write nda.is he eligibile to write nda 2013august.
Please gude us sir.
Thank you sir.
Hey friend,

When do I have to write NDA? Am I eligible to write it?

Yeah you are eligible for joining in NDA as having completed +2 and born on 29-05-1995 which is needed as per the eligibility standards framed for the exam.

Details About NDA:

NDA stands for National Defence Academy

This exam is conducted for candidates to join in defence forces of India and is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission).This exam is held every year twice as NDA I and NDA II.

The Defence forces which you can get in through NDA are:

~ Indian Army
~ Indian Navy
~ Indian Air Force

You are eligible for writing the NDA Exam but you cannot write the exam this year as the notifications are over to apply for the exam,so you can apply for the NDA I for the year 2013.

There are certain framed eligibility criteria's which you need to satisfy in order to be eligible for applying for the exam to join in defence forces and they are:

> You need to be a citizen of India

> The Martial Status for the exam is that the candidate must be a unmarried male candidate.

> The age limit needed for the NDA Exam is that the candidate must have 16 1/2-19 years

> Education qualification needed for the NDA Exam is that the candidate must have completed +2 for joining in Indian Army

> For joining in Indian Navy and Air Force you need to have completed +2 with physics and mathematics as subjects from a recognized school board of education.

> You need to be physically fit while appearing for the NDA Exam

If you tend to satisfy all these criteria's then you can apply for the NDA Exam.

For more information regarding the NDA Exam you can check at http://www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST
7th August 2012, 11:49 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

HI,
Nda exam stands for national defence accdemy which is conducted by upsc twice in a year.
nda exam is conducted into three wings;-
1-indian army
2-indian navy
3-indian air force

Eligibility for NDA exam:-
Candidates who are willing to join Army wing must be 12th passed in any stream.
Candidates who are willing to join Air force & Navy must be 12th passed in science stream
Those candidates who are going to appear in final exam can also apply for that.
Candidates must be unmarried.
Age limit-
Candidates must be 16 1/2 years & must not be more than 19 years.
Exam pattern:-
Selection of candidates in different wings will be based on NDA exam.
This exam is conducted by UPSC.
The exam is divided into 2 parts first Mathematics 300 marks & second General ability 600 marks
part A- English & Part B- General awareness
Gk divides into parts-physics,chemistry,general science,geography,& current events.
Questions asked from these subjects:-MATHS,ENGLISH,GENERAL KNOWLEDGE,CHEMISTRY,GEOGRAPHY,PHYSICS,BIOLOGY,
First complete your 12th class then apply for it.
for more-
www.upsc.gov.in
7th August 2012, 01:06 PM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend.........

National Defence Academy

Information About NDA Examination : -

** NDA stands for National Defence Academy
** This Examination is conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission)
** In Yearly twice .....i.e.
** NDA-I & NDA-II

NDA Have 3 wings : -

** Indian Army
** Indian Air Force
** Indian Navy

Eligibility Criteria for NDA : -

** Educational Qualification : -

=> You must complete your 12th standard from a recognised university

Age Limit for NDA : -

=> Your age should between 16.5 years to 19 years, no age relaxation for this examination

Nationality : -

=> You should be a citizen of India

Maritial Status : -

=> Only unmarried male candidates are eligible for this examination

Selection Procedure : -

** Written Exam
** Medical Test
** Interview..........etc............

Physical Requirements for NDA : -

7th August 2012, 02:08 PM
Unregistered

When is likely the result of NDA examination conducted on 15th April 2012?
7th August 2012, 02:34 PM
singhhr23

NDA stands for National Defense Academy. If you want to apply for this exam then you must have completed your 12th. NDA exam is conducted by the UPSC twice a year. candidate should have done his qualification from a well recognized board and candidate should be physically and mentally fit.

Eligibility for NDA Exam:
The candidate should have completed 12th with PCM as main or compulsory subjects.

The candidate should have completed 12th from a recognized college.
The candidate's age should be between 16.5 to 19 years only.
The candidate must be a citizen of India.
The candidate should be an unmarried candidate.

To apply for this examination, your age should completed your Intermediate examination and If you have completed your diploma course after your 10th exam, then you are also appeared for NDA Examination. Eligible candidates may fill the wings as per your own Preference. Those who are eligible may choose any one of the wings :

~~ Army wings
~~ Naval Wings
~~ Air Force Wings

Those who study Math and Physics subjects in his diploma or in 12Th examination are eligible for Naval and Air Force Wings. If you have not study these subjects then you are only appeared for Army wings of NDA.

Thanks...
10th August 2012, 03:50 PM
guri kaur
Senior Member+

hello friend....!!!!

->Yes you can give the NDA II entrance exam after giving your class 12 board exam.

->girls are not eligible for NDA .

->unmarried man are eligible.

->Here is the eligibility criteria,please check the eligibility criteria:-

NDA entrance exam eligibility criteria:-

>You should be minimum 12 pass out
>age limit-16.5-19 yrs
>you should be an unmarried citizen of india

->Exam pattern:-

>paper i is mathematics of 300 marks
>paper ii is the general ability divided into two parts:-
>part A is english of 200 marks
>part B is general knowledge of 400 marks
>so total 900 marks

Then there is the interview session on the basis of which you are chosen,so,always prepare the interview session carefully and give it with full confidence.

ALL THE BEST....
For more information you can visit the official website i.g given as follows:-

www.upsc.gov.in
so,work hard my friend...!!!

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?