21st May 2017, 05:02 PM
Meghna behera

When is the right time to apply for Defence job?

I am studying B.Tech now, so for applying in defence we have to complete B.Tech and then apply or can we apply now itself.

21st May 2017, 07:45 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: When is the right time to apply for Defence job?

There are two main procedures through which a BTech holder candidate can join Indian Defence Services on a good rank:

A) Combined Defence Services

B) Air Force common admission test

Combined Defence Services: the exam is carried out twice in a year and it is very good option for graduate candidate to apply for the Defence Services. The age limit for the CDS exam is 19 to 25 years. Both male and female candidates can apply for the CDS exam. The main condition is that the applicant should be unmarried Indian citizen.

Air Force common admission test: this exam is carried out for the recruitment of candidate in the field of Airforce and the recruitment of candidate will be done in the different branches of Indian Air Force like flying branch technical branch and administration branch.
21st May 2017, 09:03 PM
help100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghna behera View Post
I am studying B.Tech now, so for applying in defence we have to complete B.Tech and then apply or can we apply now itself.
Look there are popularly 2 ways or else there are various ways to get into the Defence Service. The two popular ways are (1) NDA and (2) IMA. Anyone after 10+2 and below the age of 21 years can join NDA after passing the entrance test conducted by UPSC and if anyone fails to do so then he/she may sit for IMA conducted by UPSC, which anyone can sit after Grads but must be below 25 years of age.

The other ways are through recruitment notices published from time to time for filling of various posts laying vacant across various departments.

Hope the above information is of use to you, for further query do let us know.

Good Luck,

Help100%
22nd May 2017, 01:02 PM
Unregistered

Before asking questions,please mention the answers for above mentioned questions.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?