3rd May 2012, 08:01 PM
parassinghal

When will I get the result for Pilot exam?

Hello Sir,
I have just appeared in 10+2 (non-medical) and waiting for result.
i want to be a Pilot.
Please guide me.

2nd October 2012, 01:34 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: When will I get the result for Pilot exam?

Before you apply for the Pilot course let me warn about the expenses. The pilot course can easily cost more than Rs 15 Lakh in India. Therefore make sure you can afford the course before taking it up.

However if you can afford it then let me tell you that commerical pilot career is well worth the money that you will b spending on the course. It really makes sense to choose this course at this time considering that government has allowed FDI in Aviation. It would end trouble for several airlines and would make commercial pilot even more attractive career option.

Let me start with the eligibility criteria.

1. You must complete 12th with PCM as subjects.

2. At least 50 percent marks in 12th board.

3. Age limit for Commercial pilot licence is 18 to 30 years.

Physical Requirements

1. Your height should be at least 5 feet.

2. 6/6 eyesight is required to become pilot.

3. Candidates with eyeglasses are eligible if the vision is correctable to 6/6.

4. You should not have fear of heights to become Pilot.

Procedure

Student’s Pilot Licence

Firstly you will have to obtain Student’s Pilot Licence. The minimum age to obtain this licence is 16 while 10th pass is the qualification requirement. To get the licence you will have to appear for written test on mathematics and score 75 out of 100 marks.

Private Pilot Licence

Stage 2 would be to aquire Private Pilot Licence. Your age must be 18 years to apply for the licence. Firstly you will have to take flying lessens. You will get 40 hours of flying experience with a instructer while 20 hours of solo flying. It would be followed by written test by DGCA which you will have to pass to obtain Private Pilot Licence.

Commercial Pilot Licence

This would be the third and last stage. Here you will be given 250 hours of flying experience which is required to become commerical pilot. There would be written tests on Air Regulations, Aviation Meteorology, Air Navigation that you will have to pass. The last step would be medical test by the DGCA. Once you cleared it as well, you will get the Commercial Pilot Licence.

Once you have received the Commercial Pilot Licence, you can apply for any airline of your choice for trainee co-pilot job. It would take 6-8 months before you will be promoted to co pilot of the airline.
2nd October 2012, 03:12 PM
sumitjha14u
Senior Member+

Talking Re: When will I get the result for Pilot exam?

hello dear,
you will get the result in the month of december or january.

before filling this form you have to know the eligibilty cretaria will be

Physical Requirements

good luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?