31st August 2011, 03:32 PM
Unregistered

Where can I do internship while doing B.Tech CSE? Which subjects to stress on more?

Iam a student of B-tech 3/4 C.S.E wid good aggregiate..
I want to do an internship in the summer..
Can you please suggest me sources and what subjects do i need to stress on???

2nd September 2011, 03:31 PM
jits
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Where can I do internship while doing B.Tech CSE? Which subjects to stress on more?

There are many companies and many locations which you can choose for but when all IT major companies are situated in cities like Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Pune, Hyderabad hence I think choosing any of these location will be better. There are many companies which you can try out for like:

Infosys, Syntel, Wipro, Cognizant, Mahindra Satyam, CAP Gemini,.etc
It’s not sure that how many companies allow you for the training but apply for as many Software companies as you can.

Some of the important subjects which you need to stress are Software Engineering, UNIX,.etc. It is better that you stress on various Operating Systems like LINUX which is used mainly by computer professionals.Subjects like C&DS, C++, Java are also quite useful as it has got many applications.

You need to get a letter signed from your principal mentioning details about the internship along with your resume and post the details to the branch office of a particular company where you want to apply for the training. The HR is the only main authority to decide regarding your approval and training period.
2nd September 2011, 05:35 PM
sandipk
Senior Member+

Default Re: Where can I do internship while doing B.Tech CSE? Which subjects to stress on more?

Hello friend,

I don't thik that for a cse student the company training is required ,
However at that periode of time you can do better any of database subject, and on the basis of that project also..

Any way. for your interest, you can apply any of the software companies,
as many as possible,
because you are not sure whether a selection by you ll provide it or not..

you can pply in, TCS,INFOSYS,SYNTEL,WIPRO, many more...

You mu stress on subjects like, Software Engineering, Database, Datastructure
the basics of(C,C++), OS also...
One thing : what ever you want to do , just do it and be have through knowledge about it also.. try to clear all the doubts also..

Good Luck~~~~~~~
24th September 2011, 09:29 PM
Unregistered

hai..

my work includes 80% of unix and 20 % oracle (including pl/sql).
i have 1 year and 9 months...
i would like to work in development and don have any idea about testing.
I got an offer to attend cisco interview by oct 1st. but the job is mentioned as testing.. pls let me know what kind of activities will be done on testing
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?