14th May 2015, 11:37 AM
anjli kaul

Where can I give engineering admission entrance test in J&K? Procedure for it?

Being a resident of J&K, where can I give an entrance test and what is the procedure for the same?

Related Questions:
  1. How to take admission in engineering college after completing diploma?
  2. Procedure to do MBA from Delhi University? Is there any specific entrance test in DU for MBA?
  3. Which exam do I have to give to get admission in B.Tech in ETC branch? What is the admission procedure?
  4. Am I eligible for IIT JEE after passing diploma?
  5. Procedure for admission in IP Engineering College Delhi for B.Tech Mechanical Engineering after diploma? Any admission test for lateral entry in mechanical engineering?
  6. Current topics for PhD in Commerce?
  7. Procedure to give Gujarat common entrance test?
  8. Procedure of getting admission in MBBS course in Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla and Rajindra Parshad Government Medical College? Do we have to give any entrance test? What is the fee structure and procedure?
  9. Procedure to get admission in Punjab College of Engineering? Is there any lateral admission to this college?
  10. Competitive exams for Graduates, conducted by both private and government organizations? dates? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Procedure for re-appearing for MHT CET entrance test?
  12. Entrance exams for B.Tech in Hyderabad after Diploma in (ECE) from Chandibhai college, Mumbai? Any issues due to state change?
  13. Date of MD/MS(Ayurvedic) entrance test? Procedure to apply for admission in Maharashtra, Kerala, Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh?
  14. Detailed information about Lateral Engineering Entrance Test for Diploma in Computer Science Engineering 3rd year student?
  15. What is the procedure to get admission through C-Dac?
  16. What's the eligibility criteria for doing MS(electrical engineering) from Germany? How may I get details about admission procedure and scholarship available? I'm a B.Tech(electrical engineer) pass-out with 7.03 cgpa
  17. Can I apply for B.Sc or other graduation course? Is Diploma equal to 12th?
  18. How to go USA for further studies after BCA?
14th May 2015, 06:39 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

Default Re: Where can I give engineering admission entrance test in J&K? Procedure for it?

# You are resident of Jammu & Kashmir State and you want to appear for engineering entrance examination in J&K State.

# In Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) State, there is an entrance test namely JKCET (Jammu & Kashmir Common Entrance Test) in order to fill up the seats for various medical and engineering courses.

# Notification for examination generally comes in the month of May. And examination is generally scheduled in the second week of July.

# Prescribed eligibility conditions for JKCET Examination are:

* Must be permanent resident of Jammu and Kashmir State.
* Must have attained the age of 17 years on that concerned year.
* Must have completed 10+2.
* Must have studied Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics & English in 10+2 for getting seat in engineering college.
* Must have studied Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English in 10+2 for getting seat in medical colleges.

# Pattern of examination:

* For engineering aspirant:

Physics (70 questions of each one marks)
Chemistry (70 questions of each one marks)
Mathematics (70 questions of each one marks)

* For medical aspirants:

Physics (70 questions and each question carrying one marks)
Chemistry (70 questions and each question carrying one marks)
Biology (70 questions and each question carrying one marks)
14th May 2015, 07:56 PM
ankit740
Member+

Default Re: Where can I give engineering admission entrance test in J&K? Procedure for it?

Well friend entrance exam for the admission in engineering in jammu and kashmir is conducted every year.so you should apply for that and depending upon the marks and rank you get will decide the type of college you get.
ELIGIBILITY:
1.You must be a citizen of the state.
2.you should have completed 12th from same board with minimum 60% marks.there is no age limit for this exam.
Thank you
14th May 2015, 10:28 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: Where can I give engineering admission entrance test in J&K? Procedure for it?

For getting admission into engineering course in Jammu and Kashmir, you need to write JKCET i.e. Jammu and Kashmir Common Entrance Test.JKCET exam is being conducted by JAKBOPEE i.e. J&K Board of Professional Entrance examinations for admission into under graduate courses in Jammu And Kashmir State.

This year i.e. for 2015 year, JKCET has already declared the notification in the month of February. Below are the important dates:
  • Online application form: 17th Feb 2015
  • Last date for filling application form: 11th Mar 2015,
  • Last date for reserved category to submit with late fees: 13th Mar 2015,
  • Application status check: 19th Mar 2015,
  • Date of Exam: 30th and 31st May 2015

JKCET contains two papers. Paper A is of Physics and Chemistry and Paper B consists of Mathematics or Biology. Mathematics subject is for engineering aspirants and Biology is for Medical aspirants. Paper A is of 120 marks and Paper B is of 60 marks only.

Let’s look into its eligibility criteria:
  • Candidates those who are permanent residents of J&K are eligible for JKCET exam.
  • Candidates must have passed 12th or equivalent examination from recognized board.
  • Candidates must have secured 50% marks aggregate in 12th examination in case of open category and 40% is for reserved category.
  • For Engineering exam, candidates must have passed their 12th with English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects as main. And for Medical exam, applicants must have passed with PCB with English as a subject.

Regarding age, candidates must have attained at least 17 years of age on or before 31st of December 2015 i.e. candidate who has born after 2nd January 1999 is not eligible for writing JKCET 2015.
15th May 2015, 08:56 AM
ankit740
Member+

Well friend entrance exam for admission in engineering course in jammu and kashmir is conducted every year.you have to appear for that and if you clear that exam then you can get admission in engineering in jammu and kashmir.
ELIGIBILITY:
1.You must have completed your 12th from j&k boars with minimum 60% marks in that.
2.you must be a domicile of same state.
Thank you
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?