4th December 2015, 04:46 PM
P V Abdul Assis

Whether a 6 years old kid is over aged for admission in CBSE school?

My grandson's DOB is 22-01-2010. We want admission in 1st standard in a CBSE school for 2016. Principal says he is over aged by two months. Pl advice.

Related Questions:
  1. What are the norms followed for getting admission in CBSE school?
  2. GSEB, CBSE or ICSE which board is better for 2 years old kid?
  3. Which board we can choose between CBSE and GBSE?
  4. Is 2 years kid allowed to join preKG in CBSE schools?
  5. Can I get admission in other CBSE school for class 12th after 2 years gap? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Admission procedure in any school of Hyderabad for 3 years old candidate?
  7. What is the procedure followed for getting admission in Central school for civilians kid?
  8. Admission in Indian CBSE school after discontinuing studies from International CBSE School?
  9. Admission in class 12 after passing class 11 from CBSE school to CBSE school?
  10. Can I take admission in other school for 12th class after studying 11th from a different CBSE school? List out residential CBSE schools in Jharkhand who allow such transfer?
  11. Rules and regulations for admission in CBSE school through Transfer Certificate?
  12. Is it possible to get admission in 5th CBSE of another school if completed 4th standard at the age of 9 years old?
  13. Admission of 3 years and 5 months old kid in LKG?
  14. How can I get admission to study 11th standard in RIMC school?
  15. What is the minimum eligibility criteria required to admit my child in CBSE school?
  16. Procedure of admission in class 1 at South Point School, Kolkata?
  17. Can I get admission to study 12th from CBSE Open School? Is CBSE Open School equivalent to CBSE Board? List of CBSE Open Schools in Delhi? When the application form will be release?
  18. Whether a 4 years old candidate is eligible to get admission in LKG of CBSE affiliated school?
16th April 2017, 12:40 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether a 6 years old kid is over aged for admission in CBSE school?

CBSE refers to Central Board of Secondary Education and same is a Central board of education which offers education upto higher secondary school level in English medium with its school all around India.

As far as you are concerned about the age criteria for admission in CBSE schools then as per the CBSE norms students age must be at least 14 years by the 1st October of that year in which you are pursuing your Class 10th.

Now as you have mentioned that your son's admission has been refused by a CBSE schools then certain schools have their own maximum permissible age limit for admission in their school which does not mean that your son is not eligible for admission in any other CBSE school with his age which is in accordance to the CBSE minimum age limit requirement.

For more details about CBSE curriculum and academics you can refer to the link www.cbse.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?