19th April 2015, 03:53 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to get admission in 5th CBSE of another school if completed 4th standard at the age of 9 years old?

Friends,
My daughter age is 9 years old. Now she is completed in 4th standard from CBSE school. Now I want to change the school. Is she eligible for 5th standard CBSE admission or not? Because some CBSE Schools are not accepting. Please help me to know about this.

Related Questions:
  1. According to CBSE norms a 10 years old candidate get admission in 4th standard?
  2. Rules and regulations for admission in CBSE school through Transfer Certificate?
  3. Age criteria for CBSE 10th board exam as per CBSE norms?
  4. Can I make my son to repeat 4th standard in Oman, Sohar and send back to India to continue 5th standard?
  5. Procedure to get admission in Sainik School for 5th standard student?
  6. When I should admit my son to pre-school?
  7. When to try for admission at Navy school? What to do?
  8. Admission procedure in 5th and 9th standard at BHU, Banaras for 4th and 8th female students?
  9. List of cheap CBSE or WBBSE affiliated government schools which offer admission in 5th standard in Durgapur?
  10. What is the age limit, date and procedure followed for getting admission in school?
  11. Admission for 4th standard (CBSE syllabus) in other branches of Sathya Sai Baba school?
  12. Details about the admission procedure of Sri Sathya Sai School at Prashanthi Nilayam for 5th standard?
  13. Can I face any difficulty at the time of 10th CBSE if studying in 5th standard at the age of 10 years?
  14. Age required for admission in LKG standard of CBSE school? Will there be problem in 10th standard? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Procedure to get admission for 5th standard in Putaparthi Sai Baba School?
  16. Possibility to take admission in 10th CBSE if completed 9th standard from other school in Lucknow?
  17. Whether a 5th standard student of 10 years old is eligible to appear in 10th CBSE Board exam?
  18. Admission in Indian CBSE school after discontinuing studies from International CBSE School?
20th April 2015, 03:04 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to get admission in 5th CBSE of another school if completed 4th standard at the age of 9 years old?

Yes, he is very much eligible to get admission in class 5 in any CBSE as well as ICSE board and if any school is not providing admission to your child there might be some other reason behind it other than the age factor because your daughter's age is perfect to get admission in class 5.

However, if some schools are not providing admission to your child than you should probably ask him for a valid reason and in the mean while you can try in any other school's also.
20th April 2015, 08:41 AM
taherrocks
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is it possible to get admission in 5th CBSE of another school if completed 4th standard at the age of 9 years old?

I would like to tell you that for junior section schooling there is no certain age limit is given separately, As your daughter has completed her class 4th so she is eligible for 5th standard in CBSE board. But in order to get admission in different school, then I would like to tell you some thing that different school has different admission criteria, so don't worry about it if you want to get your daughter to get admitted in CBSE affiliated school, then there are many school which will give your daughter admission in class 5th.
20th April 2015, 10:58 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No your daughter is eligible to get admission in class 5 at the age of 9 years . There is no certain rules regarding the age criteria fixed by the CBSE for admission in different classes . But it is generally taken that candidates must pass there board examination at the age of 14.5 -16 years .

I do not think that any of the school not accepted the admission on the age . But if still it is true you can move to other school as there are large number of schools which are affliated with CBSE .
20th April 2015, 01:21 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, it is possible to get admission in 5th standard in another CBSE school, even if your child age is 9 years old. As per CBSE admission rules, the minimum age to apply for 5th standard admission is 9 years, whereas the maximum age is 11 years. So, your child is definitely eligible to get 5th standard admission in any CBSE school.
20th April 2015, 10:10 PM
MECHANICAL POWER

Yes, your daughter is eligible to get admission in 5th standard after completing 4th standard at age of 9 years.
When your daughter appear in 10th board, she will be at age of 15 years and that is the perfect age for 10th board.
So, don't worry go to for the admission in 5th standard CBSE board of your daughter in another school.
21st April 2015, 01:44 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

There is no any age restriction at primary level.
So,your son can take admission to any CBSE or other board based schools with ease.
Age restriction is for 9th and 10th class i.e.students need to have attained the age of 14 and 1/2 year while appearing for 10th examination.
Changing school at primary school is not a big deal.
Just apply for admission to whichever school you wish.
22nd June 2015, 11:12 AM
Unregistered

Do i need to take transfer certificate if i want to change my son's school in first standard itself?
29th June 2015, 09:13 PM
reconnect

Yes, your daughter is eligible to take admission in class 5th. There is no criteria for age at primary level but your daughter's age should not be less than 14 years when she will be in class 10th. Because in CBSE board a candidate's age should not be less 14 years in class 10th. Presently, your daughter's age is 9 years so, after 6 years she will in class 10th and her age will be 15 years which is valid.
So, Don't worry and change the school of your daughter.
She is able to take admission in any school which is affiliated to any board.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?