21st January 2018, 06:54 PM
Unregistered

Whether B.Ed is compulsory to apply for PGT (Post Graduate Teacher) entrance exam or not?

I'm the Student of M.Sc Botany. Is B.Ed compulsory for applying for PGT (Post Graduate Teacher) examination? If not, how should I apply for PGT? Is it online or offline?

Related Questions:
  1. Is it compulsory to do B.Ed after completing MCA to apply for PGT teacher in CBSE school?
  2. In which subject a B.Com, B.Ed and MA in Hindi qualified can appear in TGT and PGT exam?
  3. What is the eligibility criteria followed for applying computer teacher TGT and PGT in central school?
  4. Eligibility and age limit to apply in APPSC Trained Graduate Teacher recruitment for BEd(Mathematics) graduate?
  5. How can I get a good job after completing MA and B.Ed with good marks?
  6. Does Master of Social Work (MSW) satisfies the requirement for PGT (Post Graduate Teacher)?
  7. Eligibility to apply in PGT and TGT recruitment for Political Science student?
  8. Age limit for General candidates for Teachers post in Government Schools?
  9. Can I do B.Ed from CCS university? Which are the teaching subjects in B.Ed? After B.Ed what are the requirements for TGT and PGT courses? Is there any post or vacancy in government schools for government teachers?
  10. PG holder in Home Science can apply for TGT and PGT?
  11. What is the criteria for Post Graduate Teacher post in KV?
  12. Is PGDBA equivalent to Post Graduate degree as per UGC norms? Is it compulsory to opt for PG subject for NET exam? Can I take my graduation subject for NET exam?
  13. Eligibility criteria for Post Graduate Teacher (PGT) and Trained Graduate Teacher (TGT)?
  14. Eligibility for PGT after post graduation in geophysics?
  15. Can I become a PGT Physics Teacher through BEd course being a Geophysics postgraduate? -- [New]
  16. Can I apply for PGT teacher after doing MBA and B.Ed in person
  17. What is the procedure followed to get government teaching job for 12th English?
  18. Vacancies for teachers in KV? -- [Most Discussed]

24th January 2018, 02:23 PM
c.vijendra
Member+

Default Re: Whether B.Ed is compulsory to apply for PGT (Post Graduate Teacher) entrance exam or not?

Yes, It is compulsory to have B.ed Degree to apply in for Post Graduate Teachers posts. you can not apply for any regular PGT jobs without having B.ed degree.

B.ed is a two year professional degree for undergraduates to prepare students for teaching jobs. Every state conducts there own entrance exam to get admission in B.ed Collages.

The Application form for B.ed entrance exam opens every year between march to may . The Entrance exam is conducted by may to june.

Course Fees - Rs 60,000 to Rs.1,00,000.

26th January 2018, 11:01 AM
Vikasjhacds

Default Re: Whether B.Ed is compulsory to apply for PGT (Post Graduate Teacher) entrance exam or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm the Student of M.Sc Botany. Is B.Ed compulsory for applying for PGT (Post Graduate Teacher) examination? If not, how should I apply for PGT? Is it online or offline?
B.Ed is compulsory for applying Any teacher job in government school or private.

For PGT teacher after passing post graduation you have to apply for B.Ed.

For B.Ed course for minimum 50% marks in graduation.
There is to option of doing B.Ed:-
Regular course
Correspondence course

If you really want to become a teacher then you will do B.Ed through regular course.

top universities offering B.Ed are:-
University of Delhi
Aligarh Muslim University
Banaras Hindu University
Allahabad University
Lucknow University

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?