4th April 2017, 07:56 PM
manoj dhatterwal

Whether Biology is required in class 12th for pursuing a Degree course in B.Pharmacy?

Respected Sir, I am studying in class 10th now and after completing my Intermediate I want to pursue B.Pharmacy so I want to know whether Biology is required in class 12th for pursuing a Degree course in B.Pharmacy? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Diploma Courses after B.Pharm:Duration,Fees and Institutes where the Course is available?
  2. In which college will I get admission for pursuing B.Sc if I scored less marks in Biology of class 12th?
  3. How can I get admission in B.Ed after BBA degree?
  4. Is it necessary to study Biology in 12th for pursuing B.Sc?
  5. Can I repeat 12th CBSE with Biology if pursuing BCA?
  6. Which subjects should I choose in class 12th for pursuing B.Tech Biotechnology? Do I have to take both Maths and Biology for admission?
  7. Is it possible to pursue B.Tech after completing class 12th with Arts?
  8. How can I get admission for pursuing Degree course after completing class 12th?
  9. Can I become a Pilot after completing class 12th with Biology? What is the minimum marks required for admission in Pilot training Institutes?
  10. What is the minimum marks required in class 12th for pursuing Interior Designing course?
  11. Which subjects are required in class 12th for pursuing a career in Geoinformatics?
  12. How much should I score in class 12th for pursuing a Degree course in Agriculture? Which entrance exam do I need to write?
  13. Requirements for joining Air Force? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Am I eligible to pursue B.Sc Nursing course after completing class 12th but failed in Biology subject?
  15. Can I get admission in College for pursuing Degree course after completing class 12th from NIOS?
  16. Which course will be better for me to pursue after completing class 12th with Biology?
  17. What is the minimum age required after completing class 12th for pursuing LLB course?
  18. What is the fees for MBBS course?
5th April 2017, 08:14 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether Biology is required in class 12th for pursuing a Degree course in B.Pharmacy?

Yes, it is mandatory to pursue Biology subject in 11th and 12th standard to be eligible to get admission for pursuing B.Pharmacy course. Candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Biology, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognized board are eligible to get admission for pursuing B.Pharmacy course. Admissions in B.Pharmacy course are done through entrance examinations like EAMCET, KCET, etc.,. You need to appear and qualify the entrance examination to get admission for pursuing B.Pharmacy course.
5th April 2017, 12:15 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether Biology is required in class 12th for pursuing a Degree course in B.Pharmacy?

It is not compulsory that you must have opted for Biology in 10+2 for pursuing B.Pharmacy course.

There are some institutes which admit candidates even if they are from PCM stream.

But, if you possess Biology in 10+2 then it would be easier for you to understand concepts in B.Pharmacy which are related to Biology only.

It will strengthen your base in 10+2 for B.Pharmacy if you study Biology in 10+2.
5th April 2017, 05:07 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

In order to be eligible to join B-Pharmacy course, the candidate should have completed 10+2 with a minimum of 50% of marks with the below subjects
-Physics
-Chemistry
-Mathematics/Biology.

Hence Biology is not a compulsory subject. But it would be better to choose BIPC stream with Biology in your 10+2.

Because you will understand the Science Terminology from these 2 subjects which would be beneficial for you after joining Pharmacy course.

The duration of B-Pharmacy course is 4 years and the admission for this course would be given on the basis of performance in the Entrance Exam.

There would be national level Entrance Exams like GPAT and state level Entrance Exams like WBJEE, AP EAMCET etc.

You can choose the exam as per your interest and have strong preparation for the Entrance Exam.

There is good career scope and job opportunities for the candidates after completion of B-Pharmacy course.

One can get job opportunities in
-Hospitals
-Chemist Shops
-Pharmaceutical Companies
-Chemical Laboratories etc.

As a fresher, one can get a salary around 20K and after gaining good amount of work experience, more salaries would be offered.
5th April 2017, 11:16 PM
goyal.com
Senior Member+

For Bachelor in Pharmacy course candidate must have passed 12th class from a recognized board of education with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects. The minimum percentage required for Bachelor in Pharmacy course in your 12th class is 50%. 45% in the case of candidate belonging to reserved category. The minimum age of candidate must be 17 years. Also you need to appear in entrance examination to get admission in Bachelor in Pharmacy course.

As per my knowledge, biology is required in class 12th for pursuing a Degree course in B.Pharmacy.

Top B-Pharma Colleges in India-

>>SGRR Institute of Pharmacy, Dehradun, Uttarakhand

>>Madurai Medical College , Madurai, Tamil Nadu

>>Alwar Pharmacy College, Alwar, Rajasthan
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?