9th February 2017, 03:46 PM
RAMNIVASH CHAUHAN

Whether Diploma in Mechanical Engineering is equivalent to 10+2 or not? Am I eligible to get a Government job with Diploma certificate?

Respected Sir, I have completed my Diploma after class 10th so I want to know whether Diploma in Mechanical Engineering equivalent to 10+2 or not? Am I eligible to get a Government job with Diploma certificate? Please answer as soon as possible.

13th February 2017, 11:35 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether Diploma in Mechanical Engineering is equivalent to 10+2 or not? Am I eligible to get a Government job with Diploma certificate?

Diploma in Engineering which is basically a three year degree course and same is equivalent to higher secondary education degree i.e; Class 12th.

But at the same time I would like to let you know that the same degree is not applicable for pursuing higher degree education or jobs where only regular higher secondary degree is required as in the case of NDA, JEE etc. .

Further diploma in engineering is a technical degree and hence it has edge over regular higher secondary degree where there is requirement of technical degree as for the posts like JE ( Junior Engineer).

As far as you are concerned about your eligibility for government jobs being a diploma in engineering degree holder then you have the job options through SSC, SSC JE, RRB JE entrance examination, etc. as per their educational requirement but you must satisfy other requirements too.
5th October 2019, 03:20 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Whether Diploma in Mechanical Engineering is equivalent to 10 2 or not? Am I eligible to get a Government job with Diploma certificate?

To study in Australia I need certificate that my diploma in mechanical engineering is equal to 10 2 in Punjab . From where I get this
10th January 2022, 02:20 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Whether Diploma in Mechanical Engineering is equivalent to 10 2 or not? Am I eligible to get a Government job with Diploma certificate?

To study in Himachal Pradesh I need certificate that my diploma in mechanical engineering is equal to 10 2 in Punjab . From where I get this
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?