26th April 2018, 02:20 AM
Unregistered

Why I failed in CBSE 12th Board exam if scored 24 marks in Theory and 12 marks in Practical?

Respected Sir, I have scored 24 marks in Theory and 12 marks in Practical of Chemistry in CBSE Board of 12th exam. But I got failed. How it is possible? I really don't understand. Please tell me!

Related Questions:
  1. Will I considered to be pass if disqualified in Physics Theory of 12th ISC Board exam?
  2. Cut off marks to pass both theory and practical papers of 12th of CBSE board?
  3. How much marks is required in HSC to clear when combining with practical and theory?
  4. What is the importance of Grades in Assignment and Theory?
  5. Is it compulsory to pass both Theory and Practical exams separately to qualify in Chemistry of 12th Maharashtra Board exam?
  6. Should I have to appear for practical exam again?
  7. Minimum marks required to qualify in Theory of 12th Physics CBSE Board exam?
  8. Which one is better between Calicut and Bharathiyaar University? I want to know the subjects in BCA
  9. CBSE Class 12th Biology Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  10. Passing marks in Physics Theory of 12th CBSE?
  11. Minimum theory and practical pass marks in ISC board? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. In how many subjects I can apply for retest if failed in 2 subjects of 12th CBSE? Does CBSE offer Grace marks?
  13. Will I get admission for B.Sc Biology since, I have failed in Chemistry theory but passes in practical? -- [New]
  14. What is the minimum passing marks in biology in BSEB?
  15. Minimum marks required to qualify in Theory and Practical of 12th Physics WBCHSE Board exam?
  16. Marks distribution in Physics of 12th CBSE Board exam? How to score 50 marks in Physics Theory?
  17. Whether combined marks of theory and practical is considered for passing?
  18. Is it compulsory to pass Practical and Theory paper individually for Physics ,Chemistry and Biology in 12th standard (CBSE)? -- [Most Discussed]
14th May 2018, 10:49 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Why I failed in CBSE 12th Board exam if scored 24 marks in Theory and 12 marks in Practical?

As far as you are concerned about getting failed in your Chemistry paper having secured 24 marks in theory paper and 12 marks in practical paper separately then it is must some sort of error or misunderstanding as to pass in Chemistry paper a candidate is just required to secure 23 marks in theory part and 12 marks in practical part which you have secured.

For getting your problem solved you can contact your concerned CBSE regional office.

For more details regarding CBSE academics and curriculum you can refer to the link www.cbse.nic.in.
15th May 2018, 12:52 AM
Pagal ho kya
Senior Member+

Default Re: Why I failed in CBSE 12th Board exam if scored 24 marks in Theory and 12 marks in Practical?

The theory paper of Chemistry is of 70 marks and practical paper is of 30 marks. In order to pass in both of these subjects, a candidate must score at least 23 marks in theory paper and 12 marks in the practical paper out of 30 marks.

So, overall 35 marks out of 100 with 23 marks in theory and 12 marks in practical is required to pass in Chemistry. You can refer to the regional office of CBSE board.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?