19th April 2018, 10:14 AM
Unregistered

Passing marks in Physics Theory of 12th CBSE?

Dear Sir, I am a student of CBSE Board. I have given my 12th Board exam from Science stream. My Physics paper was not good. So, I am afraid of loosing Physics marks. I just want to know that what is passing marks in the theory paper of this subject?

26th April 2018, 09:50 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Passing marks in Physics Theory of 12th CBSE?

To pass in Physics Theory exam, you must have secured more than 33% marks in the theory exam.

In case, if you fail to do so, then you will have apply for Compartment Exam that is conducted in August month.
26th April 2018, 05:30 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

In CBSE board they have theory & practical papers. The marks for theory paper is 70 & for practical it is 30 marks.

The CBSE declares that the candidate should score at least 33% in theory & practical.
So, based on the percentage you need to score 23 - 24 marks to pass in the theory exam.

So, score 23 - 24 marks in theory to pass in 12th theory physics.
27th April 2018, 10:08 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

As far as you are concerned about the passing marks in theory paper of Physics in CBSE then it is 23 marks out of 70 marks (the maximum marks for theory paper).

Also, for clearing the Physics paper as a whole, a student has to pass in both theory and practical papers separately. For passing in practical paper a candidate need to secure atleast 12 marks out of 30 marks.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?