25th January 2018, 06:29 PM
Unregistered

Will I be considered as pass under General and not Hons. after failing the Hons. paper under Calcutta University?

I am a student of B.Sc Zoology (hons.) but, I failed in Zoology hons. paper and also Chemistry general paper but passed in Botany general paper. Do I have to repeat the year under Calcutta university or I will be considered as pass under General and not Hons.?

30th January 2018, 07:38 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I be considered as pass under General and not Hons. after failing the Hons. paper under Calcutta University?

You are not considered as pass if you are failed in honors paper.
You have to reappear in that paper next semester.
Look if you are in 1st year and you are failed in honors paper then you have to appear in that paper when examination of 1st year will be conducted next year. But you can pursue 2nd year also there will be no gap.
But in some colleges may have some different procedures to be followed.
You have to consult to college.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?