6th January 2012, 01:42 AM
Unregistered

Will I be eligible for IAS exams? I'm an Indian citizen but residing in USA

hi,
I m citizen of India , but right now I m staying in USA (as my hubby got job in US so I m on dependent VIsa) so will I be eligiable for the IAS exams ??

Related Questions:
  1. Will I be able to do B.Ed through correspondence if I am residing in USA? How can I take my exams?
  2. Will I be considered as an NRI? I'm an Indian citizen currently residing in South Africa and passed 12th from there
  3. What are the job opportunities in environmental biotechnologist
  4. Indian degree is valid for job in USA? Expected salary?
  5. Am I eligible for IAS after graduation in Commerce? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Am I eligible for JCECE medical exam? I'm a resident of Bihar but currently residing in Jharkhand
  7. Can i apply for H PMT after 12th from USA, getting equivalence certificate from AIU, Delhi and am a citizen of India?
  8. IBPS eligibility for Nepali citizen? -- [New]
  9. Which Exams I have to appear for to get admission in Medical University in USA?
  10. Detailed procedure to apply for job in Indian Embassy for a 37 years old citizen of USA having completed Bachelor degree from India?
  11. How can I appear for Indian entrance exams in USA? Do I have to come to India to appear for the exam of Indian Armed Forces?
  12. Can I be eligible for Bank PO entrance exam?
  13. What is the NRI student medical exam eligibility?
  14. Am I eligible to pursue MS in CS from good universities of USA
  15. How long will it take to complete Pharma.D program in USA? How may I get license in USA? I've done B.Pharmacy from India
  16. Is my son need to be under NRI category even after doing schooling for 3 years in India?
  17. If we are from AP and residing in Gujarat will I be eligible to appear for EAMCET?
  18. Whether to appear for IELTS or TOEFL to get admission in M.Tech at USA after being citizen of USA but completed whole schooling and graduation in B.TEch from India?
20th April 2012, 02:18 PM
potensis
Senior Member++

Default Re: Will I be eligible for IAS exams? I'm an Indian citizen but residing in USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi,
I m citizen of India , but right now I m staying in USA (as my hubby got job in US so I m on dependent VIsa) so will I be eligiable for the IAS exams ??

Your question lacks proper information like your academic qualification and age.
In the absence of such vital information it is not possible to guide you properly mere on the basis of assumption.

However, if you are an Indian citizen and have the academic qualification and if you have age on your side then you are certainly eligible to sit for IAS exams.
21st May 2012, 08:10 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Will I be eligible for IAS exams? I'm an Indian citizen but residing in USA

sir, i have completed my class 12 from cbse board. Now i have applied for mechanical engg. diploma in CANADA.Still can i apply for ias????????????
24th March 2022, 12:37 AM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

If you have a citizenship of India and you are a graduate from a recognized university, then you are eligible to appear in the UPSC Civil Services Examination.

The selection of IAS is done through UPSC CSE only.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?