19th July 2010, 07:18 PM
Unregistered

Will M.Tech be helpful for me to get a good job in IT companies?

sir,
i sonam is doing computer science engineering.
but i m not interested in teaching or research field.
i m interested in good IT companies job. so, i wanted to know that will m.tech be helpful for me???
r m.tech people given preference in IT companies???
kindly guide me.
thankyou.

Related Questions:
9th September 2011, 07:00 PM
satyaki koley

Default Re: Will M.Tech be helpful for me to get a good job in IT companies?

ok..sonam....see generally when the companies go to the colleges for recruitment the college authorities also include the post graduate(m.tech) students with the undergraduate students ....so it becomes vary tough to compete with many students..isn't it?....and there are very few companies which recruit m.tech students( I am not saying that there are no companies!).....and what the difference in salary....A mtech student get 4-5 thousand more than a undergraduate student.....It is true that BTECH students are prefered more than Mtech student....because if the same work can be done by the fresher why should the company pay more to recruit a mtech student?
But in current trend every IT companies prefer fresher because of the potential and grasp things quickly....so I will say that please dont do m tech if you get job during b tech...thank you
9th September 2011, 08:31 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

As you are not interested in teaching or research field,then you can apply various MNCs as well as after M.tech also.

If you complete the M.Tech degree in Computer Sc.'s any branch ,you can have the more and more knowledge ,experience in study and after all the salary.

Salary of a M.Tech holder in any MNC is near about double than a B.Tech holder.

There are so many IT companies in which you can apply after completing the M.Tech degree like- TCS,CTS,Infosys,IBM,HCL,Capziman etc..
9th September 2011, 08:53 PM
learn4rmnow

yes,M-tech is good for you...but after completing B-tech you will also crack good place...
9th September 2011, 09:30 PM
sanju38121

Yes, sir surely the PG degree is always advantageous in industries for jobs m.tech holders always given preference.

All the best

regards
9th September 2011, 10:08 PM
sanju38121

Yes, sir surely the PG degree is always advantageous in industries for jobs m.tech holders always given preference.

All the best

regards
9th September 2011, 10:57 PM
BITAN GHOSH
Senior Member+

Usually the companies look for the freshers to recruit as it's quite natural that if the same function can be worked out by a B.Tech student then why will they recruit more qualified students.
The scope is quite small as you have to compete with the students of B.Tech also. It's not that they will not provide the chance but the scope is quite less than the freshers.
10th September 2011, 12:46 AM
saugata2008

Of course M.tech will help you to get good jobs .But according me the college or University is most important .If you can score a good rank in GATE and able to get admission in the NITs or IITs , then I am sure you will get the best opportunities to get a job in good IT companies .

So work heard for GATE and score good rank .

Thank you
10th September 2011, 01:51 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Yes, you can go for M.tech course..
After completion of M.tech in computer science stream you will get huge opportunity to get a job in much better designation..

You can apply for jobs in leading IT companies like-
TCS
CTS
INFOSYS
IBM
WIPRO
CAPE GIMINI
etc..

They hire M.tech students from their college campus in a large number..
So, you can get a good job through campus placement after completion of M.tech.

All the best.
10th September 2011, 07:29 AM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir,
i sonam is doing computer science engineering.
but i m not interested in teaching or research field.
i m interested in good IT companies job. so, i wanted to know that will m.tech be helpful for me???
r m.tech people given preference in IT companies???
kindly guide me.
thankyou.
Hello,

Yes if you go for M.Tech after completion of your B.Tech then surely you will be more exposed in the IT industry.After completion of M.Tech course you can get a high profile job with handsome salary.There are many good IT companies in India in which you can apply.Some of the companies are-
  • Infosys
  • HCL
  • TCS
  • Wipro
  • Satyam Computers
  • CTS etc.

Best Wishes....
10th September 2011, 03:55 PM
Tulasinagababu

First let me share my reasons of doing M.Tech. I always thought of doing a highly respected, high paid job and a job where I have more control to do things that I like. Unfortunately, I found myself not competent enough to compete with top students for finding a job in Microsoft or Google. On the other hand, trying to reach there with experience in smaller companies usually takes a lot of time and after that gaining a authoritative position would have taken few more years.

Here, I got a chance to think of the best way to get higher positions in a short time. I felt that the entry to this is only possible through IITs. For that either I had to wait for a year and give GATE and score high or try for PhD. Again I made a good move and decided to not to waste another year for going to IITs and moved for M.Tech.

The first thing I did in M.Tech was that I avoided mistakes I did in B.Tech. I read the tough subjects in vacation and stood ahead of any other student in class. I worked on increasing my percentage to make it high enough for any company. I did an internship at Wipro and IIT Madras and finally dissertation at Defense Labs Hyderabad.

The first and foremost advantage of doing M.Tech is that you get time to think where things are going and how you can control them. Where do you want to go and what is your ultimate destination. You know the mistakes you made in B.Tech thus u can avoid them and improve to recover from them.

The second advantage of doing M.Tech is that you add a value to education and will definitely have benefit in the long run. As we are moving ahead in life our educational qualifications are becoming more and more important. At some point where all other competitors have same technical skills you will be given preference over others because of qualification.

The third advantage is that you will get more insight into the subjects as this time you are mature enough to understand the subjects. Usually teachers or professors are better than the ones who taught you in B.Tech and you are more exposed to applications.

The fourth advantage is you will have good friends who are similar to you and trying hard to move ahead in life. If your institute is good you will see all of them in high positions in future, their contacts may be good enough for you to start new projects and help many.

There are lots of other advantages of doing a higher degree. But there may be many social constraints and difficulties that may prevent you from doing master degree. Everyone knows their situation better than others and can make best decisions based on that. You can push your plans of having a master degree little later and gain few years of experience before. With M.Tech I also mean any master degree just not M.Tech. Wish you all a great luck in your future endeavors.
15th November 2011, 12:57 PM
shubhambiswas
Senior Member+

Yaah M.Tech will help you a lot.
6th December 2011, 03:07 PM
Unregistered

hello Sir,
I Am a IT student.
My question is "should i do my M.Tech with IT or Computer Science?"
29th February 2012, 09:00 PM
edward1989

Usually the companies look for the freshers to recruit as it's quite natural that if the same function can be worked out by a B.Tech student then why will they recruit more qualified students.
The scope is quite small as you have to compete with the students of B.Tech also. It's not that they will not provide the chance but the scope is quite less than the freshers.
18th March 2012, 11:22 AM
Unregistered

sir i am a cs student(final yr), i have scored 33.67 marks in GATE 2012 and i want to ask you which is best a job after b.tech or m.tech and plz explain.....n i want to work in IT industry......
24th July 2012, 11:44 PM
pardeep dhaliwal

yes dear .....

M.tech will helpful for to get a job in IT companies.
M.tech is post graduation and doing this your knowledge will be more in your field ,so companies give a good job .

so dear best of luck....
22nd July 2013, 08:04 PM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

Hi Sonam

Generally , B.tech student are given more preference compared to MTech.
Core company also have vacancy for M.Tech student when they come for campus recruitment

M.Tech are given preference for

- Specialized work
- R & D work
- core work
- M.Tech student are preferred when it comes for promotion or increment

So if you want to work in IT firm as a developer, or software engineer then you should go for M.Tech as it is specialization course.

After M.tech you would be placed in core IT work

All the best
22nd July 2013, 08:26 PM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: Will M.Tech be helpful for me to get a good job in IT companies?

Hi Sonam

Generally , B.tech student are given more preference compared to MTech.
Core company also have vacancy for M.Tech student when they come for campus recruitment

M.Tech are given preference for

- Specialized work
- R & D work
- core work
- M.Tech student are preferred when it comes for promotion or increment

So if you want to work in IT firm as a developer, or software engineer then you should go for M.Tech as it is specialization course.

After M.tech you would be placed in core IT work

All the best
5th August 2013, 05:56 PM
Unregistered

hai sir..this is jyothi..i got m.tech seat in DIGITAL COMMUNICATION AND NETWORKING..m not interested in lecture field..i hav pasion of doing job in core companies..can u xplain about the job oppurtunities for me
6th August 2013, 01:23 AM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

Hi Jyothi

if you read earlier post then you would realize that lecture field or teaching is not the only option after M.tech.

lots of companies growing in this sector.Today, fast and cheap communication has become the demand of public and thus there is a huge competition between companies to sustain in the market. So lots of job in this segment.

Scope in this sector is bright and you can pursue your m.tech without any second thought

all the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?