25th July 2012, 09:56 PM
Unregistered

Will it be possible to join a good company without doing MBA?

without doing MBA will it be possible for me to join a good company

24th February 2016, 04:04 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Will it be possible to join a good company without doing MBA?

This depends on what is your definition of a good company. Is it a government firm? A private company? A multi-national that everyone knows? Or a good startup company? However, it is very much possible to join any good company anywhere in the world without having an MBA degree. When I say this, I of course mean that you should be having that extra knowledge or smartness in you when you apply for jobs at such places.

MBA basically means Masters of Business Administration and is a full time 2 years post graduation program. It is a hyped course because of the fact that India has a huge competition everywhere to get jobs in best companies. Thus, to make up for it people believe in doing MBA and taking a short cut route. But believe me, there is no such short cut. Whatever you would be doing in your MBA in those 2 years, you can well work, learn gain experience and switch on the other hand as well.

But yes, all that counts in some places would be your MBA degree and people who blindly make it matter are the ones that shout for it. If you are looking for jobs in top companies, you have to check your profile first. Are you a graduate from a reputed college in India? Do you have good marks all throughout your career? And more other such factors.

However, there is no denying that if you are able to do MBA from a top college in India such as the IIMs, IITs, XLRI, FMS and others you would surely be able to fetch a very good job in a great company. But it is also possible that you can do so without an MBA Degree. Thus, it all comes down to what you decide and how you want to shape your career in the coming days.

If you decide to sit for any MBA Exam, please be sure to fill out forms for the following Entrances: CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT, NMAT, SNAP, IIFT. These are the competitive exams that one has to crack to get through to the best colleges of the country. And post your completion of course, midway you can expect to get placed in multi-national companies.

To get jobs otherwise, you can start applying to them through major job portals like Shine, Naukri, Monster and Timesjobs. You can also start giving walk-in interviews if you want to. To get more information on these, I would suggest you join Facebook groups, Watsapp groups and other blogs on the internet. These would make you aware of which company is holding interviews with the venue and time details and you can simply go give interviews. Who knows you might get placed right away?

Also note that bigger companies look for some basic skillset such as good communication skills, good personality, positive frame of mind and more besides your knowledge. So, try to develop these skills in yourself so that it can be reflected during the interviews. Be more aware of what is going on around and in the country and you shall not be very far from working in a big reputed firm. Some of the top firms that you would want to work for are: Google, Accenture, Flipkart, Facebook, Maruti Suzuki, Tata firms, EY, Oracle, Ranbaxy, etc.

I would say look for the job profile and work culture more than the name of the company.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?