6th February 2012, 11:45 AM
Unregistered

Will there be any possibility for me to become IAS Officer pursuing final year of ECE?

'm doing my final year in electronics and communication engineering branch. i wish to become an ias officer. is there any possibilities?

7th February 2012, 02:26 AM
4G Solutions
Senior Member+

Post Re: Will there be any possibility for me to become IAS Officer pursuing final year of ECE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
'm doing my final year in electronics and communication engineering branch. i wish to become an ias officer. is there any possibilities?
Yes...Of course, you can proceed to become an IAS{Indian Administrative Service} after completing your BE/B.Tech with Electronics & Communication Engineering.

-To become an IAS, You will have to appear in Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC{Union Public Service Commission} once in the Year.

-Number of Permissible Attempts for IAS Exam: 4 for General , 7 for OBC and Unlimited for SC/ST.

Basic Eligibility conditions required for IAS Civil Service Exam:
------------------------------------------------------------

• You should have compleded Graduate in any stream from recognized College/University.
  • Final year Students of such program also eligible to apply on provisional basis.
  • You must be having a minimum of 50% aggregate in graduation.
  • Your Age must be between 21 to 33 years for General category, 21 to 35 for OBC, 21 to 35 for SC/ST.
  • You must be an Indian citizen

Important Dates for IAS Civil service Exam 2012:
-------------------------------------------------

• Date of issuing of application form:-04.02.2012
  • Last date of receipt of Application:- 05.03.2012
  • Date of Preliminary Exam:-20.05.2012

How to apply for IAS:
------------------------

-You can apply for this exam online through this link :http://upsconline.nic.in

-For any other Detail you can visit UPSC official: http://upsc.gov.in

Pattern of IAS examination:
----------------------------

The whole examination is conducted in three stages.

1. Preliminary Examination or CSAT(Civil Service Aptitude Test).

2. Main Examination

3. Interview

-You will be Eligible for Main Exam only after passing Preliminary Exam

- Main Exam will held on 15th Oct 2012.

Preliminary Examination

MAIN EXAMINATION

IMPORTANT BOOKS FOR IAS PREPARATION
---------------------------------------------

~REGARDS
4G Solutions
7th February 2012, 09:30 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will there be any possibility for me to become IAS Officer pursuing final year of ECE?

Yes, it is possible for you to apply for Civil Service exam conducted by UPSC every year to become an IAS(Indian Administrative Officer) officer being a student of final year ECE stream.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appeared for the final graduation degree exam or passed from any stream of education from a recognised University within the age group of 21 to 30 years of age. There is upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

The selection is through three phases:-

CSAT-Civil Service Aptitude Test-Preliminary exam comprises of all objective type questions

Civil Service Main Exam comprises of all subjective type questions

Personal Interview

The registration process for Civil Service Exam has already been started from 04.02.2012, the last date of receipt of application is 05.03.2012 followed by CSAT Preliminary exam on 20.05.2012.

If successful in the CSAT exam then you will be called for the Civil Service Main exam and final selection through Personal Interview.

For further information you may log on to official web site of UPSC i.e. www.upsc.gov.in
29th April 2012, 02:08 AM
mithu ashi
Member+

Default Re: Will there be any possibility for me to become IAS Officer pursuing final year of ECE?

Yes, you can definitely apply for I.A.S. examination.
Any graduate degree holder or in final year of graduation student can apply for this examination.

ELIGIBILITY:-

AS YOU ARE A GRADUATE YOU CAN APPLY FOR CIVIL SERVICE EXAM.
AGE LIMIT IS 21-30. UPPER AGE RELAXATION IS AVAILABLE FOR LOWER CASTES.
YOU MUST BE AN INDIAN.
YOU MUST NOT HAVE ANY PENDING BACK LOGS TO APPLY THE EXAM.
YOU MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT.
ONLY PASSING MARK IS ENOUGH TO APPLY IN THIS EXAM.

HOW TO APPLY:-

YOU CAN APPLY IN TWO WAYS.
1)ONLINE
2)OFFLINE

FOR ONLINE VISIT:- http://www.upsconline.nic.in
FOR OFFLINE , GO TO YOUR NEAREST DESIGNATED POST OFFICE. PURCHASE THE APPLICATION FORM WHICH COSTS 50/-
FILL THE RELEVANT COLUMNS & ALONG WITH ACKNOWLEDGE CARD SEND IT TO MENTIONED ADDRESS.

Secretary, Union Public Service Commission,
Dholpur House, Shajahan Road,
New Delhi-110069

YOU CAN GET ALL PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTION PAPERS FROM OFFICIAL WEBSITE OF U.P.S.C.:-http://www.upsc.gov.in

BOOKS :-

--A.C.Banerjee - History of Modern India Raghavan Aiyer — Mahatma Gandhi
--NCERT (+ 2 level) — Ancient India, Medieval India, Modern India.
--Charles Farro: General Principles of World Geography journal - Kurukshetra, Yojana
--Mishra & Puri or Dutt & Sundaram - Indian Economy
--S.C. Gupta: Statistical Methods
--Frontline Magazine
--South Asian Journal
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?