8th June 2016, 03:38 PM
Unregistered

In which year should I appear in FTII entrance exam? How to prepare for it? Is Sound engineering best option to do from FTII for E&TC engineer?

I am doing B.E in E&TC. I want to do sound engineering from FTII . As i will complete my B.E in 2017... So should I appear for the entrance exam of FTII in 2017 or this year?
Exactly how to prepare for the entrance exam?
As I am more interested in music and have given 4 exams in classical music , I want something related to my passion ..so.. is sound engineering the best option?

9th June 2016, 11:02 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: In which year should I appear in FTII entrance exam? How to prepare for it? Is Sound engineering best option to do from FTII for E&TC engineer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am doing B.E in E&TC. I want to do sound engineering from FTII . As i will complete my B.E in 2017... So should I appear for the entrance exam of FTII in 2017 or this year?
Exactly how to prepare for the entrance exam?
As I am more interested in music and have given 4 exams in classical music , I want something related to my passion ..so.. is sound engineering the best option?
Yes you will be eligible to pursue sound engineering course from FTII next year.

FTII stands for Film and Television Institute of India. It is an autonomous institute in Pune which is under the ministry of Information and broadcasting of government. The selection procedure for this exam is carried out both online and offline. In either of the modes, the online and application fees has to be paid which is Rs. 2150 for the general category candidates.

Three Year Post Graduate Diploma in Sound Recording and Sound Design: You need to have a bachelor's degree with physics as a subject at graduation level. There is only 12 seats for this course.

Important dates (Tentative)
  • Availability of the Application Form: Last Week of May
  • Last Date for applying for the FTII Test: Last Week of June.
  • Date of Entrance Exam: first week of August.
  • Declaration of the Result: Last Week of August.
The maximum marks for the Film and Television Institute of India Entrance Examinations are 100 and the duration of the examination is 3 hrs. Mainly questions are on Mental Ability and General Awareness.

Top FTII Coaching Centres:-
  • ED Star
  • Share Point Server
  • Kala Gramam
  • Kala Bhavan
  • Russian Culture Centre
  • Indian School for Performing Arts
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?