27th February 2017, 04:42 PM
Unregistered

In which year will I get admission in BE after completing 12th and Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

Respected Sir, I am pursuing my last year Diploma in Mechanical Engineering and I have also completed my class 12th. Now I want to pursue BE so I want to know in which year will I get admission in BE after completing 12+ Diploma in Mechanical Engineering? What is the procedure for admission? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. How can I get admission to study B.Tech in IIT after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering on 12th basis?
  2. What should I do after completing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  3. Can I get admission in 12th directly after completing 3 years Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  4. Which courses can I pursue after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering? Can I get admission in IIT and which exam do I have to appear for admission?
  5. Chances to study Diploma in Agriculture after completing Diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  6. What should I do further after completing my Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course?
  7. How can I get admission to study Mechanical Engineering Diploma course if failed in 12th and completed DCA?
  8. How can I get admission in IIT after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  9. Is it possible to get admission in mechanical engineering in Mumbai after diploma? What is the procedure for that?
  10. Admission procedure for BE in Marine Engineering after completion of diploma in mechanical? -- [New]
  11. Can I pursue Aeronautical Engineering after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering? Can I get admission in Government Aeronautical college?
  12. How to take admission in diploma in civil engineering after completing diploma in mechanical engineering
  13. What should I do further after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  14. Can I get admission in IIT after completing my Diploma Mechanical Engineering in A.Y.Dadabhai college?
  15. Can I get Lateral Entry to study B.E. Mechanical in Assam Engineering College or in NIT having completed Diploma after 12th basis?
  16. Can i get admission in B.Sc after completing diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  17. Which field should I choose after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering with 81% marks? Colleges for direct 2nd year admission to diploma in Mechanical Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Am I eligible for IIT JEE Exam after completing diploma in Mechanical engineering in 4 years?
28th February 2017, 06:14 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: In which year will I get admission in BE after completing 12th and Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

Even though you have passed 12th and diploma degree you will be eligible to get admission in 2nd year of bachelor in engineering course.

The candidates after diploma degree can appear for LEET examination to get lateral entry in second year of the course.

The examination is conducted by state education board and private institutions for admission. The candidates after qualifying in examination will be eligible for admission.

You can appear UP SEE, BCECE ( L.E ) etc.
28th February 2017, 06:20 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: In which year will I get admission in BE after completing 12th and Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

1. If you take admission in Bachelor of Technology on basis of diploma in mechanical engineering through Lateral Entry Entrance test then you can get admission directly in second year of engineering. You can apply for LEET when notification is released by your state technical university.

2. However, 10+2 passed candidate through JEE or State level engineering examination get admission in first year of engineering. Final decision depends upon you which exam to clear to take admission in Bachelor of engineering.
28th February 2017, 06:38 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

BE stands for Bachelor of Engineering. If you want to take admission in this course on the basis of your 12th class then the duration of this course is four years. You can appear in Joint Entrance Examination.

On the other hand if you want to take admission in this course on the basis of your Diploma then the duration of this course is three years i.e you can get admission in BE second year with the help of LEET examination. LEET stands for Lateral Entry Entrance Test.
28th February 2017, 07:46 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

You are pursuing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering and want to get admission in B.E course after completion of diploma course. Yes, definitely you can take admission in B.E course.

>>You can take admission in B.E course through Lateral Entry scheme. In this scheme you have to take admission in B-Tech course directly in the second year of the B.E Mechanical Engineering course. There are some universities in India which take students through Lateral Entry. You have to face a entrance exam and try to score good marks in the entrance exam to get a seat in counseling.

Following are the list of colleges which runs B.E/B.Tech (Lateral Entry) course:

--IPU Delhi

--IIIT Hyderabad

--VIT Vellore

--SRM Chennai

--Manipal University

--Sharda University
28th February 2017, 09:50 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

1. If you take admission in Bachelor of Engineering after 10+2 through any competitive entrance examination like JEE, SRMEEE, VITEEE, State Level engineering entrance examination etc, you will get admission in first year of engineering.

2. But on basis of diploma, you can take admission in second year of Bachelor of engineering through Lateral Entry Entrance test. For LEET, you need to have minimum of 60% marks in diploma.
28th February 2017, 11:39 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

You will get admission in second year of engineering through diploma in mechanical engineering on basis of Lateral Entry Entrance Test.

Candidates who want to get admission in engineering through JEE main and Advanced or other engineering exam after 10+2 will get admission in first year of engineering.
1st March 2017, 07:21 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

After completion of your 12th standard and three years Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course, you are eligible to get direct admission in second year of four years B.E course. You have to appear in lateral entry examinations like LEET, ECET, JELET, etc., which is conducted by your respective state board of technical education for getting lateral entry admission in second year of four years B. E course.
1st March 2017, 09:12 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I am pursuing my last year Diploma in Mechanical Engineering and I have also completed my class 12th. Now I want to pursue BE so I want to know in which year will I get admission in BE after completing 12+ Diploma in Mechanical Engineering? What is the procedure for admission? Please answer as soon as possible.
After completion of diploma course in Mechanical Engineering, you can get admission in B.E course in 2nd years through Lateral Entry exam.

Candidate should have passed diploma course in Engineering/Technology/Pharmacy with above 50% marks or passed Degree in Science (B.Sc.) with Mathematics as a subject with above 50% marks are eligible for Lateral Entry exam.

Candidate's age should be above 18 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?