27th February 2016, 10:43 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for the government job if I have a backlog in particular subject?

Can i apply for government job in civil engineering sector if i have a backlog in particular subject?? What is the minimum criteria they will look for? Can someone please give me the information on the same? Awaiting for the answer soon.

Thank you!

28th February 2016, 01:26 AM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for the government job if I have a backlog in particular subject?

No, you are not eligible to apply for government job.

The minimum eligibility criteria to apply for any of the government job is that the candidate must have passed the qualifying examination or course without having any current backlogs.

As you have mentioned, you have a backlog then you are not eligible to apply for government jobs.
28th February 2016, 01:39 AM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for the government job if I have a backlog in particular subject?

You are eligible only after clearing all your backlogs. Without clearing this you are not eligible to write any entrance examination.
28th February 2016, 08:06 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to apply for the government job if you have a backlog in particular subject.
Candidate must have cleared call the subjects in order to apply for government jobs.

Minimum Criteria :
  • Candidate must have passed graduation from any recognised university.
  • Candidate must not have any backlog. He/she must have passed all the subjects.
  • Most of the government jobs doesn't have any minimum percentage criteria.
28th February 2016, 12:59 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear for examination for recruitment in government jobs or to appear for entrance examination to get admission.

The eligibility to appear entrance examination for recruitment is :-

Candidate must have passed graduation degree from any recognised university and with no backlogs.

So, you have to clear your backlog to appear for entrance examination to get the job.

For more information about eligibility details visit the official website as according to examination you want to appear.
28th February 2016, 04:05 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for government job at undergraduate level is:

*Candidate must have done bachelor's degree from a recognized university. Those who are in final year can also apply. There should not be any active pending backlogs.

You can not apply for any government job exam with existing backlogs. You must clear it to become eligible for any exam or recruitment process.

*For jobs in PSUs, you can apply for GATE exam as many PSUs recruit civil engineers on basis of GATE scorecard.
28th February 2016, 08:56 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For a government job you need to pass all the backlogs because there will be requirement of original documents during the document verification before job.

Hence, before the verification process you should make sure that you have passed all the backlogs so that you have original documents in your hand.
28th February 2016, 11:39 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

No, you can not apply for any government job examination with backlog left in your any subject of your graduation. Government jobs requires that candidate must have passed bachelor's degree with at least passing percentage of marks in graduation.

If you are interested in getting government job then first thing you need to do is to clear your backlog as soon as possible then only you can become eligible for applying any entrance exam for government job.
28th February 2016, 11:46 PM
monikasiri

Government jobs can be applied only when you complete your Education without any backlog.You can apply for any of the Government job in the field you are interested in,only when you pass out the education qualification specified for the job.So,it is suggestible to complete your course without any backlogs and then apply for your desired government job.

You also have an opportunity to apply for the government job if you are sure that your backlog will be cleared by the final round of the job selection process.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?