14th June 2015, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for IBPS Clerk and PO exams if secured Lateral Entry B.E. with 56% from VTU being a ST candidate?

Sir
I have completed my Diploma in Engineering and also B.E. in Lateral Entry and secured 56% according to VTU aggregate. Can I apply for IBPS Clerk and PO exams? I belong to ST category.

Related Questions:
15th June 2015, 08:54 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for IBPS Clerk and PO exams if secured Lateral Entry B.E. with 56% from VTU being a ST candidate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir
I have completed my Diploma in Engineering and also B.E. in Lateral Entry and secured 56% according to VTU aggregate. Can I apply for IBPS Clerk and PO exams? I belong to ST category.
You have completed B.E degree so you are eligible for IBPS PO and clerk exam.

IBPS stand for the Institute of Banking Personnel Selections.

Only those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for IBPS PO and clerk exam.

For IBPS po exam, your age should be in between 20 to 30 years.

For IBPS clerk exam, your age should be in between 20 to 28 years.

For any more information regarding the eligibility criteria and the other information please visit the official website of the IBPS www.ibps.in/
15th June 2015, 11:01 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for IBPS Clerk and PO exams if secured Lateral Entry B.E. with 56% from VTU being a ST candidate?

Yes dear you are absolutely eligible to apply for both Clerk and PO through IBPS. As you have all the qualification regarding education you can apply for IBPS Clerk and PO.

Recently IBPS has been released the Tentative calender regarding the Important dates for the Clerk and PO.

Eligibility for IBPS Clerk and PO :

>> You should complete at least graduation or any equivalent examination from the recognized University with minimum percentage of marks.

>> Either the graduation might be distance or regular mode you are completely eligible to apply for IBPS Exams.

>> Age varies from post to post.

For Clerks: Age should be in between 20 to 28 years

For PO's : Age should be in between 21 to 30 years.

>> There is a Age relaxation for the reserved candidates according to their category.

>> Final year candidates of graduation are also eligible to apply for IBPS Exams but you have to submit the Original documents at the time of Interview.

Actually Selection process has already been changed and the details about the IBPS Exams is given as follows.

>> Prelims

>> Main's

>> Interview

To view Tentative Calender you can see it on the below attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IMPORTANT_NOTIFICATION_Tentative_Calendar (28).pdf(21.6 KB, 9 views)
15th June 2015, 12:43 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Of course Yes. You are very certainly eligible to apply for both IBPS Clerical Cadre Recruitment and IBPS PO Cadre Recruitment. Since the basic educational qualification required is "Graduate Degree", you are certainly eligible to appear in these IBPS PO Recruitment Examinations and IBPS Clerical Cadre Recruitment Examinations.

Minimum Educational Qualification Required to apply for IBPS PO and IBPS Clerk Recruitments:

>> Candidates who have completed Graduation or who are pursuing their Final year of Graduation are also eligible to apply for these Recruitments.

>> Since you have completed B.E, which is a Graduate Degree, I am sure you are eligible to appear in these recruitment examinations.

>> There is no certain minimum percentage criteria is required in order to be eligible for these IBPS PO and IBPS Clerical Cadre Recruitments.

Age Criteria:

For IBPS Clerical Cadre & IBPS PO Recruitments:

* Minimum Age - 20 years
* Maximum Age - 28 years
And candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ PWD categories filling in unreserved vacancies will not be entitled to the relaxation of 5% marks.
15th June 2015, 05:20 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes,you are eligible to apply for IBPS Clerk and PO exams after completing your Graduation degree,i.e.,B.E.

The eligibility criteria for IBPS clerk exam are as under :-

-The candidate must have passed graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

-The candidate should have knowledge of Computer Operations/Languages .

-The candidate age limit to apply for the exam is from 20 years to 28 years for general category.There is age relaxation for OBC candidate by 3 years and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

The eligibility to apply for IBPS P.O. exam are as under:-

-The candidate should have passed graduation degree with at least 60%(55% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in any discipline from a recognized university.

-The candidate should have a certificate/diploma/degree in Computer Operations/Languages from an institute/college/university.

-The candidate age limit to apply for the exam is from 20 years to 30 years for general category.There is age relaxation for OBC candidate by 3 years and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

The IBPS exam questions are asked from the subject area of English, General awareness, Marketing and Computers, Quantitative aptitude,Test of reasoning.

The exam process involves of

* Preliminary Examination,

* Main Examination,

* Personal Interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?