1st April 2015, 11:47 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for UPSC recruitment exams after completing Bachelor of Fine Arts?

Hello Sir,
I am studying in Bachelor of Fine Arts.
I have done my 12th from Science background.
Please tell me after my Graduation I am eligible
for applying in UPSC recruitment exams?

10th April 2015, 08:32 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for UPSC recruitment exams after completing Bachelor of Fine Arts?

Yes of course, you are eligible to apply for UPSC exams after completing Bachelor's of Fine Arts. After completing degree course, you are eligible to apply for Civil Service Exam and Combined Defence Service Examination.

Civil Service Examination is conducted by UPSC once in a year for recruitment to IAS, IPS and IFS. Minimum Academic Qualification to apply for this examination is that applicant should have completed bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. The applicant must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years at the time of appearing for this examination. Upper age limits is applicable for reserved categories. Those who are appearing in the final year of degree course may also apply.

Combined Defence Service Examination is conducted by UPSC two times in a year for admission to Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer Training Academy. You are eligible to apply for Military Academy and Officer Training Academy. You are not eligible to apply for Air Force and Naval Academy because to apply for this examination. You must have studied Mathematics or Physics at graduate level or intermediate level.

Military Academy: Your age should be between 19-24 years. Unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for this examination. Any graduate candidate can eligible to apply.

Officer Training Academy: Your age should be between 19-25 years. Unmarried male/female candidates are eligible to apply for this examination. Any graduate candidate can eligible to apply.

More details, visit the official website: www.upsc.gov.in
10th April 2015, 09:03 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for UPSC recruitment exams after completing Bachelor of Fine Arts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir,
I am studying in Bachelor of Fine Arts.
I have done my 12th from Science background.
Please tell me after my Graduation I am eligible
for applying in UPSC recruitment exams?
You have completed Bachelor of Fine Arts so you are eligible for UPSC exam. Civil Service exam is conducted by UPSC.

Educational Qualification for Civil Service Exam:-

Those candidate who have completed graduation degree from recognized university are eligible for Civil Service exam.Final year of graduation degree candidate are also eligible for CSAT exam.

You are eligible for next CSAT exam .

Age criteria for Civil Service Exam:-

For General category candidate your age should be in between 21 to 30 years
For OBC category candidates your age should be between 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST category candidates age should be between 21 to 35 years.

No of attempts for Civil Service Exam:-

4 attempts for General category candidates
7 attempts for OBC category candidates
Unlimited attempts for sc/st category candidates

For more details & updated information of CSAT exam , you can visit to www.upsc.gov.in
10th April 2015, 10:40 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for UPSC recruitment examinations after completion of your graduation in Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) course. Eligibility criteria required to appear in UPSC examinations is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have obtained a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university.

3. You must be in between 21-30 years of age. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules as mentioned below :-
--> OBC :- 3 Years
--> SC/ST :- 5 Years

4. You must be Physically and Mentally fit.

Selection Procedure :-
1. Preliminary Examination
2. Mains Examination
3. Personal Interview

No. Of Attempts :-
--> General :- 4
--> OBC :- 7
--> SC/ ST :- No Limit
11th April 2015, 10:54 AM
poojasingh151

For most of the Union Public Service Commission exams, bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university is required. Even final year candidates of any bachelor's degree can apply for the exam.

Some of the entrance exams for you:

1.Civil Services examination.

Age limit: 21-30 years with upper age relaxed for general and OBC candidates.

2. Combined defense services.

Age limit : 19-24 years.

3. Central Police force exam

Age limit: 20-25 years for general candidates with relaxation for candidates of reserved categories.

You are eligible for all the above mentioned exam. For any more details, you can visit www.upsc.gov.in.
12th April 2015, 08:39 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes,you are eligible to apply for UPSC exam after completion of your graduation in Fine Arts.

UPSC conducts various exams for civil services, engineering services,defense services and many more every year in India.

For most of the UPSC exams,the eligibility criteria are as under:-

-The candidate should be an Indian.

-The candidate should have completed graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

-The age limit to apply for the exam is from 21 years to 30 years for general category.There is relaxation in upper age limit by 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

-The no. of attempts for the exam is 4 times for general category under the creamy layer,7 times for OBC candidates and no limits for SC/ST candidates.

-The exam process involves

*Preliminary Exam

*Main exam

*Personality Interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?