22nd January 2018, 10:34 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to get a government job after completion of M.Sc in Food and Nutrition?

After completing the M.Sc in food and nutrition whether I get the government job or we have to attend any entrance exam? Can you please let me know the details on this? Do I need to do some extra course to be eligible? Awaiting to get the answer. Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to get a government job after completion of M.Sc in Food and Nutrition?
  2. Am I eligible for food inspector exam after completion of M.Sc in Nutrition and Dietetics?
  3. Am I eligible for the post of guest lecturer at any Government or Non Government College after passing MSc in Food Nutrition? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Government job opportunities after studying M.Sc. in Food and Nutrition stream?
  5. What is the further carrer option in government sector after completion of B.Sc in food and nutrition?
  6. How to do MSc Food Technology? I have completed BSc Nutrition and Dietetics
  7. Am I eligible for M.Sc in Food and Nutrition?
  8. Can i get government job after doing M.Sc. in Food and Nutrition?
  9. Am I eligible to do masters in food processing after completion of bachelors in nutrition and food technology?
  10. Should I go for M.Sc in Food and Nutrition if done B.Sc in Home Science?
  11. B.Sc in Nutrition and Food Science graduate can do M.Sc in Food Technology?
  12. What are the job opportunities after completion of BSc? I am pursuing BSc food and nutrition
  13. Am I eligible for Food Tech/Pharma based nutrition jobs? I have done my HSc in Food and Nutrition
  14. Procedure to study MSc(Food Nutrition) for BTech Food Engineering student? -- [New]
  15. Which colleges in Bangalore are best to study Ph.D. to increase government job chances?
  16. What is the procedure followed to do M.Sc in nutrition and dietetics in distance education?
  17. Which M.Sc post graudation course is better between forensic science and food nutrition?
  18. How to get the government job after completion of B.Sc Clinical nutrition course?
24th January 2018, 06:57 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get a government job after completion of M.Sc in Food and Nutrition?

Of course yes. You will certainly be eligible for getting job opportunities in government sector after successful completion of M.Sc in Food and Nutrition course.

You may find employment opportunities in,
> Government Health Organization
> Government Hospitals
> Food Corporation of India
> Government Nutritional Organizations
> Food Services Sector
> Research and Development Field
> Government Colleges
> Health and Recreation clubs
> Central Warehousing Corporation
> Food and Public Distribution of Government of India ..etc.,

You may apply for the posts namely Food Inspector, Nutritionist, Assistant Inspector, Deputy General Manager, Food Chemist, Lab Technician, Food Technologist, Consultant Dietitian, Clinical Dietitian, Professor, Therapeutic Dietician, Menu Planner..etc.,

You don't need to go for other courses in order to get jobs and if required you are required to appear in concerned organization's entrance examination to get selection in the respective company/ organization.
24th January 2018, 09:12 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get a government job after completion of M.Sc in Food and Nutrition?

Yes, definitely you are eligible to apply for government job after completion of MSc in food and nutrition but for that you have to qualify the examination that is conducted by the concerned department.
So, be in touch with recruitment exams.
25th January 2018, 10:05 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for government sector jobs after completing M.SC in food science and nutrition course. After having postgraduate degree in food science and nutrition you can apply for job in government employment areas like FCI (Food Corporation of India), Central warehousing corporation, Department of public distribution of government of India, Government hospitals etc and get job types as mentioned below:-
  • Health care nutritionist.
  • Health care dietician.
  • Food scientist.
  • Food technologist.

To get above mentioned government sector job types you must have to appear in recruitment exam conducted by government organizations to recruit eligible candidates every year according to availability of job vacancies.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?