24th October 2015, 12:17 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to get the job in government sector bank after passing 12th with 61% marks?

I have passed 12th with 61% marks .i want the job in government sector in bank . i want to know how i can apply for the job and when i can apply i want to know the details about the government jobs in bank sector please guide me. Can you please provide me the complete details?

25th October 2015, 09:27 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get the job in government sector bank after passing 12th with 61% marks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have passed 12th with 61% marks .i want the job in government sector in bank . i want to know how i can apply for the job and when i can apply i want to know the details about the government jobs in bank sector please guide me. Can you please provide me the complete details?
No, 12th standard candidates are not eligible for government sector bank exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for IBPS and SBI clerk and PO exam.

Your age should be in between 20 to 28 years for clerk exam.

Your age should be in between 20 to 30 years for PO exam.
25th October 2015, 11:16 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get the job in government sector bank after passing 12th with 61% marks?

No, you are not eligible to get job in Government Sector Bank just after 12th Class. The minimum basic educational qualification required to be eligible for getting job in Government Sector Bank is "Graduate Degree" or Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
As you are willing to get job in Banking sector, you are required to first meet the basic eligibility criteria. For that, the minimum educational qualification required is Bachelor Degree. So I suggest you to do Graduate Degree in order to get job in Government sector banks. You can apply for the bank job only after completion of Bachelor Degree. Besides this, try to get good command over Quantitative Aptitude, General English, Reasoning, General Awareness and Computer Awareness section in order to get job in banks.
25th October 2015, 10:30 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The minimum academic qualification required to apply for jobs in banking sector is bachelor's degree from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for the exam.

So, you are not eligible for any post in bank with 10+2 as academic qualification. Once you complete your bachelor's degree, you can apply for the:

1. IBPS Clerical and PO entrance exam.

2. SBI PO entrance exam.
26th October 2015, 12:29 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The procedure to get a job in bank is that you should apply for the corresponding entrance exam for it and the eligibility includes:
  • Nationality
  • Age limit
  • Educational qualification

-> The nationality standard states that candidate should have citizenship in India.

-> Age limit needed is 18-28 years and this is for general category candidate and there are relaxation for other category candidates such as for SC/ST they get 5 years extra and for OBC it is 3 years extra.

# Regarding the educational qualification candidate need to have completed +2 from a recognized school board of education with at least 60% aggregate for general category and there are relaxation for other categories as they need to get at least 50%,

There are many government banks which offers candidates to join in the post of clerk by writing the Bank clerk exam. You can apply for the exam if you satisfy these criteria's.
26th October 2015, 04:16 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

You have decided to get job in banking sector. Following are the exams through which you can get job in banking sector.

--IBPS PO

--IBPS CLERK

--SBI PO

**But I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for any of the above exam as the minimum eligibility for giving the bank exam is graduation degree.

**So in my opinion you have to firstly do a graduation degree from any recognized university then go for banks exam. But in the meanwhile you can start your preparation for the bank exams.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?