12th November 2016, 09:50 PM
sowmya katyala

Am I eligible to get a job in Income Tax department after completing my Engineering?

Respected Sir, I am going to complete my Engineering by next year an I am very much interested in Income Tax jobs so I want to know am I eligible to get a job in Income Tax department after completing my Engineering? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Jobs in Income tax department after B.Sc IT?
  2. What is the procedure to become an Income Tax Officer in the Income Tax Department? -- [New]
  3. Eligibility to apply for income tax jobs at the age of 31 after completing BA with 50% marks?
  4. How may I apply for income tax department jobs? Types of questions being asked? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Can I apply for Income Tax Department officer post after completing Electrical Engineering?
  6. Is there any Accounts related job available in Income Tax Department?
  7. What is the eligibility criteria asked for Government job which based on income tax department?
  8. Can I get job in Income tax department if my subjects are PCM in 11th?
  9. What is the procedure for getting job in Income Tax department of India? Which exam should I give to get job in Income Tax?
  10. What type of job available in Income Tax department for a CA IPCC passed student?
  11. Am I eligible for Income Tax Officer with an height of 5'1?
  12. Will I be eligible to become an Income Tax officer after completing Engineering next year?
  13. Eligibility to become Income Tax Officer after B.Com and CS professional programme?
  14. How to get Job in Income Tax Department? When will be the notification announced for this?
  15. Available Income tax department jobs and form issue dates for the same?
  16. Steps involved in getting a job in income tax department?
  17. Possibility to get job in Income Tax and Revenue department of India if completed B.Com from Madras University via distance mode?
  18. What is the procedure to enter Income Tax Department after CA completion?
14th November 2016, 12:31 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get a job in Income Tax department after completing my Engineering?

Yes, for recruitment as an I.R.S officer you need to appear and qualify in Civil Services examination conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

Candidate's age must be between 21-32 years with relaxation in age for reserved category.

So, you are eligible to appear for examination but have to qualify in all three stages Preliminary, Mains and Interview stage for final selection.

To get more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
14th November 2016, 01:20 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get a job in Income Tax department after completing my Engineering?

Yes, candidates who have passed bachelor degree in any discipline are eligible to appear for Civil Service examination.

So, you are eligible to appear for examination but have to qualify in examination for selection as an Income tax officer.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university and age limit is 21-32 with relaxation for reserved category.

So, you need to qualify in all three stages of examination for final selection about examination. For syllabus and other information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
14th November 2016, 01:24 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by sowmya katyala View Post
Respected Sir, I am going to complete my Engineering by next year an I am very much interested in Income Tax jobs so I want to know am I eligible to get a job in Income Tax department after completing my Engineering? Please answer as soon as possible.
After completion of engineering degree, you can apply for Income Tax department.

Income Tax Officer exam is conducted by SSC CGL exam.

Minimum qualification required to apply for this examination is completing a degree course from a recognized Institution.

Your age should be in between 21 to 27 years.

Age relaxation-

Upper age relaxation for OBC is upto 3 years.
For SC/ ST , it is upto 5 years.
For PWD it is upto 10 years.
25th February 2017, 01:04 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to get a job in Income Tax department after completing my Engineering?
26th February 2017, 06:29 PM
diptchand
Junior Member+

Smile Re: Am I eligible to get a job in Income Tax department after completing my Engineering?

You can get job in Income tax department after completing b.tech.

You can apply for staff selection commission combined graduate level examination to get job in Income tax department as an Income tax inspector (grade pay-4600).

Educational qualification: Bachelor degree from any recognized university.

For sc/st, age relaxation is upto 5 years.
For obc,age relaxation is upto 3 years.

Thank you.
17th June 2023, 06:16 PM
Nikhil202k
Banned

Yes, it is possible for you to be eligible for a job in the Income Tax department after completing your engineering degree. The eligibility criteria for government jobs, including those in the Income Tax department, can vary based on factors such as educational qualifications, age limits, and other requirements.

To determine your eligibility, you should refer to the official notifications and recruitment advertisements issued by the Income Tax department or the respective government authorities responsible for hiring. These notifications will provide detailed information about the required qualifications and criteria for specific positions.
29th June 2023, 06:42 PM
A Erenbeni Ovung
Banned

Yes, you may be eligible to get a job in the income tax department after completing your engineering degree. The eligibility criteria for positions in the income tax department may vary and it is recommended to check the specific requirements mentioned in the official job notification or contact the department directly for accurate information. However, engineering graduates can often apply for various positions in government departments, including the income tax department, based on their qualifications and skills.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?