13th November 2016, 06:47 PM
sowmya katyala

Will I be eligible to become an Income Tax officer after completing Engineering next year?

Respected Sir, I am going to complete my Engineering by next year. I am very much interested in Income Tax jobs. I want to know will I be eligible to become an Income Tax officer after completing Engineering next year? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. What is the procedure to become an Income Tax Officer in the Income Tax Department?
  2. How to become an income tax officer after completing B.Com? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. What should I study further after completing 12th to become an Income Tax Officer?
  4. Am I eligible to get a job in Income Tax department after completing my Engineering?
  5. Can I apply for Income Tax Department officer post after completing Electrical Engineering?
  6. Steps to be taken to become a Sales Tax or Income Tax Officer?
  7. How can I become an Income Tax officer after completing B.Sc Mathematics?
  8. Am I eligible to apply for Income Tax Officer post after completing class 12th?
  9. What should I do after completing B.Com to become an Income Tax Officer? Which exam do I need to write?
  10. What steps should I follow to become an Income Tax Officer? Which exam do I need to write to become an Income Tax Officer? -- [New]
  11. Eligibility to become Income Tax Officer after B.Com and CS professional programme?
  12. Whether B.Sc(IT) pursuing candidate is eligible to apply for Income Tax Officer entrance exam?
  13. Arts graduate is eligible for Income Tax Officer exam?
  14. Information regarding Entrance Exam and Procedure to become Income Tax Officer?
  15. How can I become an Income Tax officer after completing class 10th? Please tell me the whole procedure
  16. Am I eligible for Income Tax Officer with an height of 5'1?
  17. How can I become an Income Tax officer?
  18. From where to get Income Tax Officer form? How to fill up the form and how to become an Income Tax Officer? What about preparation?
15th November 2016, 04:08 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I be eligible to become an Income Tax officer after completing Engineering next year?

Yes, if you are in final year of engineering you can appear for entrance examination conducted by UPSC as Civil Services examination for recruitment as an I.R.S Officer in Income tax.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree from any recognised university and age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

So, you can appear for entrance examination and after qualifying in three stages of examination eligible for recruitment as an officer in income tax department. To get more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th November 2016, 04:14 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I be eligible to become an Income Tax officer after completing Engineering next year?

The best way to join Income Tax Department as an officer is to clear Civil Services examination and join Indian Revenue Services. Civil Services examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

Eligibility criteria for Civil Services examination:

>>The academic qualification required for this examination is bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. When you will be in final year of engineering, you will be able to apply for Civil Services examination.

>>Age limit for this examination is 21-32 years.

Stages of Civil Services examination:

1. Preliminary examination.

2. Main examination.

3. Personal interview.

For any more details about this examination, you can visit http://www.upsc.gov.in.
15th November 2016, 07:33 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

You can become Income tax officer after completing engineering. You will have to write Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level examination for joining Income tax as Sub Inspector. The age limit for this post under SSC is 20-30 years. There are three stages of this exam Tier I, Tier II and descriptive test.

Second option for you is to apply for Civil Services examination. Graduation is minimum qualification for this exam and age limit is 21-32 years. Here you will have to clear all three stages to join Revenue services.
16th November 2016, 12:44 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you will be eligible to apply for Income Tax Officer based recruitment's when you will be final year of Engineering. In general, candidates must have completed "Bachelor Degree" or a Graduation in order to be eligible. But candidates who are pursuing their Graduation are also eligible to become an Income Tax Officer. So I suggest you to first concentrate on studies now and you can then apply next year when you will be in final year of Engineering as Final year candidates are also eligible. You are required to apply for Staff Selection Commission CGL Examination to become an Income Tax Officer.
16th November 2016, 12:49 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to inform you that basically there is two ways for becoming Income tax officer which are as discussed below :-

i) BY qualifying SSC CGL ( Staff Slection Commission Combined Graduate Level ) examination to become Income tax inspector and from their through departmental examination and promotion. For appearing in the same, you need to be an Indian candidate with your age lying withion 18 years to 27 years apart from your educational qualification. Further age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates.

ii) By qualifying Civil Services to join IRS ( Indian Revenue Service ). For this examination you age must lie within 21 years to 32 years. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

For further details about SSC examination you can log on to the link www.ssc.nic.in and for Civil Services examination you can log on the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?