13th July 2015, 12:48 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for government job with 54% marks scored in B.Com?

Am I eligible for government job with 54% marks scored in B.Com? Can someone please let me know the minimum criteria which would be followed for the same? Please provide me the answer soon as possible as I need to start applying for the job.

Thank you!

13th July 2015, 04:27 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for government job with 54% marks scored in B.Com?

Yes, you are eligible to get the job after pursuing the B.Com with the 54% marks.

As for most of the job the required minimum eligibility to get the job is the graduation from the recognized university with the passing aggregate. There are some difference in the age criteria for the different jobs but commonly it is around 21-30 years and reservation as per government rules.

So you are eligible to apply for the jobs. But you need to qualify in the entrance examination conducted for the different jobs.

List of some of the best jobs after the graduation is :-
* Civil Services examination.
* Combined Defense Services.
* Combined Graduate Level.
* Bank Clerk/PO.
* Railway.

These are some of the best jobs after the graduation and in which you can appear. The application for the bank PO is available know. For more updates visit at the official website for each of them.
13th July 2015, 05:48 PM
askmenow
Junior Member+

For most of the government jobs eligibility aggregate would be 55% and for few jobs eligibility may be relaxed for even 50%, depending on caste and gender relaxations.
13th July 2015, 05:51 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria required to apply for government job are as under :-

-Candidate must be an Indian citizen.

-Candidate must have passed Bachelor's degree form any recognized university.

-Candidate must be below 30 years of age .

The job options available after completion of B.Com degree are as under:-

The candidate can appear for UPSC Civil Services examination to join as IAS, IPS, IFS, IRS .

Candidate can apply for banking sector for the post of clerk or PO .

Candidate can apply for job in Indian Railways through RRB entrance exam for the posts like Commercial manager, Assistant manager , Financial manager etc .

Candidate can apply for job in Defense Services through CDS exam conducted by UPSC .

Chartered Accountancy is one of the most coveted career option for any commerce student.

The candidate can opt for Company Secretaryship which is one of the lucrative career option after B.Com. CS is offered by the Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) and the duration is three years.
13th July 2015, 06:34 PM
dhaliwal jatt

Hello dear..

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

1. You must be a indian citizen.
2. you should have a graduation degree from a recognised university.
3. you should have at least 60% marks in your graduation.
4. your age should be between 19 to 28 years.
5. Must have completed 10th or 12th standard with atleast 55% of marks.

-> So from the eligibility criteria, you are not eligible for government jobs.
-> all the best
13th July 2015, 08:20 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible for government job with 54% marks scored in B.Com? Can someone please let me know the minimum criteria which would be followed for the same? Please provide me the answer soon as possible as I need to start applying for the job.

Thank you!
You have completed B.Com degree so you can apply for Bank jobs.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for IBPS and SBI clerk exam. Your age should be in between 20 to 28 years.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for IBPS and SBI PO exam.Your age should be in between 20 to 30 years.
13th July 2015, 09:10 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Yeah sure, you are definitely eligible to apply for government job. There is a plenty of options available for you. After completing B.com, you can go for the Civil Service Examination, Combined Defence Service Examination, Defence Service Examination, Banking Examination, Staff Selection Commission and Railway Examination. Even you can go for the master degree course like M.Com and MBA course as well. You can also appear for CA, ICWA and CS examination.

Civil Service Exam: You should have completed degree course in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. Your age should be between 21 years and 30 years at the time of appearing for this examination.

Banking Examination: You should have completed degree course in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. Your age should be between 20 years and 30 years at the time of appearing for this examination. Upper age limits are applicable for reserved categories.

CA(Charted Account): Minimum Academic Qualification to apply for this examination is that you should have completed intermediate or graduation from a recognized school or equivalent qualification.
13th July 2015, 10:26 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for the government jobs. You can apply for various exams conducted by the government.

ELIGIBILITY :

* Candidate should be citizen of India.

* Candidates age should be between 21-35 years.

* Age relaxation is applicable as per norms.

* Candidate should have passed bachelor's degree in any discipline from any recognized university or institution with at least of 50% marks or above.

Here are some of the jobs you can apply for are given below :

* Banking jobs.

* IAS.

* IPS.

* IFS.

* Railways.

* SSC.

* ONGC.

* IOCL.

* BHEL.

* Indian Army.

* Indian Navy.
13th July 2015, 11:08 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are absolutely eligible for Government jobs with your qualification and taking percentage into consideration. Actually many government jobs does not see the Percentage scored in graduation and all.

Most important aspect you need to have is try to get good marks in any of the Written Examination. With this score only you will have a better chances in required field or department. Some times Interview is also not mandatory to get a government job once you have high score in Written Examination.

List of government jobs available for B.Com students :

<> Banking Sector

<> Staff Selection Commission

<> UPSC Civil's

<> Defense Sector

<> Postal Services

<> Indian Forest Services

<> Indian Railways etc.,
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?