3rd August 2015, 12:20 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for government job after completion of B.Tech with 60% marks?

Am I eligible for government job after completion of B.Tech with 60% marks? Can someone please provide me the complete information on the same? It will be really good if you can give me the information on this as soon as possible to me?

Thanks!

3rd August 2015, 03:17 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for government job after completion of B.Tech with 60% marks?

Yes, you are eligible for government job after completion of B.Tech with 60% marks. You can apply for following government jobs :
  • For the post of IAS, IPS, IRS, IFS through Civil Service Exams.
  • For the post of grade II officer in various central government departments through SSC Exams.
  • For the post of PO and Clerk in various banks through IBPS bank exams.
  • You can apply for Officer in Indian Army, Navy and Air Force through CDS exams.
3rd August 2015, 08:02 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for government job after completion of B.Tech with 60% marks?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for the government jobs. The eligibility details for government job is given under.

ELIGIBILITY :

* Candidate should be citizen of India.

* Candidates age should be minimum of 21 years and maximum of 37 years.

* Age relaxation is applicable as per norms.

* Candidate should have passed bachelor's degree in any stream from any recognized university or institution.

* The candidate should at least get 55% in their qualifying examination.

SELECTION PROCEDURE :

* Written examination.

* Personal Interview.

These candidates can apply for the jobs in the following sector :

* UPSC.

* SSC.

* Railways.

* Indian Army.

* Postal department.

* IAS.

* IPS.

* ISRO.

* DRDO.

* SAIL.

* ONGC.

* IOCL.

* Banking sector.

* IBPS.
3rd August 2015, 09:44 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible for government job after completion of B.Tech with 60% marks? Can someone please provide me the complete information on the same? It will be really good if you can give me the information on this as soon as possible to me?

Thanks!
After completion of B.Tech degree, you can get government sector jobs like Indian Engineering Service exam.

If you have completed bachelor engineering degree course then you are eligible to apply for IES Examination but your written exam subjects are -CIVIL, MECHANICAL, ELECTRICAL, ELECTRONICS AND TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING. You can choose any one subject from above mentioned subject. M.Sc Degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering are also eligible for IES Exam. Final year student are also eligible for IES exam.

Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years.

SC/ST = 5 years
OBC =3 years
PWD =10 years
Ex-Servicemen = 5 years
4th August 2015, 12:44 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

For most of the government job entrance examination, only passing percentage marks in bachelor's degree is required to be eligible for the exam. Being a bachelor of technology candidate with 60% from a recognized university, you are eligible for the following government job entrance exams:

1. For Public Sector undertaking jobs like in NTPC, BHEL, SAIL etc, you can appear for the Graduate Aptitude test in Engineering exam.

2. For jobs in Indian defense, you can apply for Combined defense services and AFCAT exam.

3. For banking jobs, you are eligible for SBI entrance exam for PO and clerk and for IBPS common written exam.

4. With 60% marks, you can apply for Civil Services exam, SSC CGL, IB ACIO exam etc.
6th August 2015, 01:57 AM
Sandy131070

The candidates must have minimum 65% in B Tech and for SC/ST candidates the minimum percentage is 60 only.

The following are the companies,
DRDO
IOCL
NTPC
SAIL
MTNL
BHEL
BSNL
ONGC
ISRO , etc
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?