4th January 2014, 11:20 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for IPS at the age of 30 years being Army Ex-Serviceman?

I am ex solder of indian armr and done 5yrs 2month service and dissmised from service i have a discharge certificate should i eligibal for ips my currunt age is 30 and i am doing b com 2nd year from open university how would i apply, as fresh or ex-man should i get any benifit of 5.2year service

24th January 2014, 08:09 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IPS at the age of 30 years being Army Ex-Serviceman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am ex solder of indian armr and done 5yrs 2month service and dissmised from service i have a discharge certificate should i eligibal for ips my currunt age is 30 and i am doing b com 2nd year from open university how would i apply, as fresh or ex-man should i get any benifit of 5.2year service

Hey friend,

Hey friend,

IPS - Indian Police Service

It is a good option for you to choose IPS,to serve the society after your Military service and to tell about the IPS,this is one of the Indian Civil Services and for joining in as a IPS officer the candidate need to write the IPS exam which is being conducted by the UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) and this exam is being conducted every year.

There are certain criteira's which are needed to be satisfied in order to apply for the IPS exam and they are:
  • Nationality
  • Age limit
  • Education Qualification
  • Physical Standard

>> The candidate who wish to apply for the IPS exam should be a Citizen of India as per the Nationality standard.

>> The age limit needed for the exam is that the candidate should be 21-30 years of age for General category candidates.

>> There are certain upper age relaxation allowed and the candidate need to have 21-35 years of age if they belong to SC/ST and 21-33 years if they belong to OBC.

>> As you have mentioned that you are Ex-military they get a exception of 5 years from the prescribed limits.

>> The education qualification needed for the IPS exam is that the candidate must have completed a Degree in any stream from a recognzied university with a fair percentage.As you have not still completed your B.com degree,it is better that you finish your degree and then apply.

>> Apart from all these the candidate need to be Physically fit.

The candidate are selected in 3 modes:

>> Preliminary Exam

>> Main Exam

>> Interview

For more info check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?