13th July 2017, 08:56 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join Indian Navy or Air Force after BAMS degree?

Hello Sir, I am 23 years old and unmarried female. I have done with the BAMS degree and secured 72% in final year Ayurveda exams. Am I eligible to join Indian Navy or Air force?

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility for joining Indian Navy or Indian Air Force 2015
  2. Eligibility to join Navy or Airforce aftre passing SSC with 75% marks?
  3. How can I join Indian air force or Indian navy after completing BBA?
  4. Why girls are not eligible to join Indian Air Force on 10th basis?
  5. Being a 24 years old BSMS female graduate am I eligible for Indian Navy or Indian Air Force?
  6. Can girls join Indian Navy or Indian Air Force after B.Pharma?
  7. What are the possibilities of joining Indian Airforce after Diploma in Mechanical stream?
  8. Am I eligible to apply for Navy and Air Force jobs after completion of course from National Institution of Open Schooling? -- [New]
  9. What should I study further after completion of 12th to join Indian Air Force?
  10. What is the role of Pharmacist in Indian Air Force? Scope for Pharmacy candidates in Air Force, Navy and Army? How can I join Navy, Army or Air Force being a Graduate in Pharmacy?
  11. Scope for dentists in Indian Navy and Air Force?
  12. Procedure, Eligibility criteria, Fitness and physical criteria for girls to join Indian Air Force? What are the different branches and entrance exams for which girl candidates can apply? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Can I join Indian army, navy or air force after completing 2nd PUC with commerce stream?
  14. Procedure to apply for Army after completion of graduation in medical stream this year?
  15. Can I join Indian navy or Indian air force on the basis of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  16. How to join indian air force or navy after 12th science?
  17. Is it possible for me to get into Army or Air Force after clearing ITI exam?
  18. Can I join the Indian Navy or Air Force after completing B.Pharmacy? What is the procedure to join both?
13th July 2017, 11:38 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Indian Navy or Air Force after BAMS degree?

No, you are not eligible to join Indian Navy or Air Force after completion of your BAMS degree being a female candidate. To join Indian Navy or Air Force, you have to appear in CDS examination which is conducted by UPSC. Only unmarried candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree in Engineering or in any other discipline with Mathematics and Physics subjects at 12th standard level are eligible to apply for CDS examination. So, being a female candidate, you are not eligible to apply for CDS examination for joining in Indian Navy or Air Force.
18th July 2017, 09:24 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir, I am 23 years old and unmarried female. I have done with the BAMS degree and secured 72% in final year Ayurveda exams. Am I eligible to join Indian Navy or Air force?
You have finished BAMS course, So you are not eligible for Indian Air Force and Indian Navy exam but you can apply for Indian Army post through CDS exam.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian Military academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized University.

Officers Training Academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized University.

Age Criteria:-

Indian Military Academy: - 19 to 24 years
Officer's Training Academy: - 19 to 25 years
28th July 2017, 08:40 PM
Solo13
Senior Member+

No, you are not eligible for Indian Air force or Navy. You are not fulfilling the criteria.
Eligibility criteria is as follows-

A candidate must be an Indian citizen.

A candidate must have minimum 19 years of age and maximum 24 years of age.

A candidate must have physics, chemistry and maths as the main subjects in class 12th.

A candidate must have a graduate degree like Engineering or any other graduation course with physics or maths.
31st August 2020, 03:54 PM
Unregistered

I am a girl, I have passed 12th with Physics and Mathematics. Am I eligible to join the Air Force through CDS after obtaining a BAMS degree?
3rd September 2020, 11:04 AM
sachariah
Senior Member+++

Unhappy Re: Am I eligible to join Indian Navy or Air Force after BAMS degree?

No, you are not eligible to join Indian Navy or Air Force after completion of your BAMS degree

To join Indian Navy or Air Force, you have to appear in CDS examination which is conducted by UPSC. CDS exam is a graduate level entry for Defence Services that is for graduates and final year college students. After 12th or while in 12th you can write NDA exam to join Defence services. . You are eligible only if you have completed graduation or you are in the final year of graduation
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?