8th January 2014, 03:33 PM
Unregistered

Application, syllabus and eligibility for Indian Revenue Service (IRS) examination?

How can i apply for Indian Revenue Service (IRS) examination?
And What is syllabus & eligibility for same?

14th January 2014, 07:58 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Application, syllabus and eligibility for Indian Revenue Service (IRS) examination?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How can i apply for Indian Revenue Service (IRS) examination?
And What is syllabus & eligibility for same?
Hey friend,

The IRS Exam is conducted for candidates to join in as a Indian Revenue Service and this exam is conducted every year and you need to satisfy the eligibility criteria framed for the IRS Exam and they are:

# The Nationality standard needed for the IRS Exam is that the candidate must have a Citizenship in India.

# The age limit needed for the IRS Exam is that the candidate must have 21-30 years for General Category candidates.

# There are certain upper age relaxation which is allowed for other category candidate should have 21-33 years for OBC candidates.

# The candidate should have 21-35 years of age who is from the SC/ST category.

# To tell bout the Education qualification needed for the exam is that the candidate should have completed a Degree from a recognized university with a fair percentage and it is that the candidate can do the degree in any stream.

The candidate who satisfies all these above criteria's is eligible for applying for the IRS Exam.

You can apply for the exam by getting the application forms from the Head Post Office.The IRS Exam is conducted in 3 modes:

>> CSAT Exam

>> Main Exam

>> Interview

The CSAT exam is 2 hours duration and it is objective type exam and the Main exam consists of 7 papers consisting of:

Indian Language
English
General Studies
General Studies-I
2 optional Subjects

ALL THE BEST
11th February 2014, 12:18 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Application, syllabus and eligibility for Indian Revenue Service (IRS) examination?

Please tell me that what is the maximum percentage required in bachelors degree in applying for IRS Officer?
12th February 2014, 08:45 AM
Sowmya449

* The Nationality standard needed for the IRS Exam is that the candidate must have a Citizenship in India.
* The age limit needed for the IRS Exam is that the candidate must have 21-30 years for General Category candidates.
* There are certain upper age relaxation which is allowed for other category candidate should have 21-33 years for OBC candidates.
* The candidate should have 21-35 years of age who is from the SC/ST category.
* Candidate should have completed a Degree from a recognized university with a fair percentage with a degree in any stream.
25th February 2014, 05:48 PM
Unregistered

What are the areas tested in the IRS CSAT Exam ,mean the syllabus ?
12th April 2014, 03:20 PM
Unregistered

hi sir i an govt emplyee in ccit mts .can i become irs .
myselt gautam
21st June 2014, 08:05 PM
Unregistered

can i apply for IRS examination after passing CPT without bachelor degree?
30th June 2014, 11:26 AM
Unregistered

am a CA ipcc student,i want to knw abt IRS i.e exam date,eligibility,syllabus please reply to" [email protected]"
4th June 2015, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

HELLO I AM STUDENT OF CA FINAL AND WANT TO PREPARE FOR IRS SERVICES IS THERE ANY DIRECT PROCEDURE TO JOIN IRS OR NOT?...
2. IS THERE ANY RELAXATATION FOR PROFESSIONALS AFTER COMPLETING HIS/HER CA/CS/CMA.
PLEASE REPLY TO [email protected]
7th June 2015, 08:12 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Indian Revenue Service which is conducted by UPSC Every year. The UPSC conducts IRS Exam in two parts which are prelims and mains. The Preliminary Examination (Objective type) is being conducted for the selection of candidates for the Main Examination.

To enter into a career as IRS officer / officer grade directly one has to pass the Civil Service Examination conducted by UPSC.

The minimum qualification required for applying for CSE is graduation from a recognised university. Candidates, who have attained 21 years of age but not attained 30 years of age.

Main attribute required for IRS aspirants is organizing ability. They must be honest, extrovert, dynamic and dedicated people with a high sense of morality, integrity and love for the country
13th July 2015, 08:33 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of B.E in information technology can I attend IRS exam after my engineering or I have to do bsc, or bechlor degrees
18th December 2015, 09:24 PM
Unregistered

DEAR SIR CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME IF I CLEARED BOTH EXAM OF PRELIMS AND MAIN FOR THE RECRUITMENT TO IRS(INDIAN REVENUE SERVICE) BUT I DID NOT PERFORM WELL AT INTERVIEW(FINAL TEST) SO WILL I HAVE A POST OR NOT AFTER PASSING ALL EXAM FOR I.R.S. UNDER THE AUTHORITY OF UPSC

PLEASE SIR GIVE YOUR RESPONSE TO ME AT GIVEN QUERY
6th May 2017, 06:18 PM
Unregistered

Reply to the below query to my mail id [email protected]'
'DEAR SIR CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME IF I CLEARED BOTH EXAM OF PRELIMS AND MAIN FOR THE RECRUITMENT TO IRS(INDIAN REVENUE SERVICE) BUT I DID NOT PERFORM WELL AT INTERVIEW(FINAL TEST) SO WILL I HAVE A POST OR NOT AFTER PASSING ALL EXAM FOR I.R.S. UNDER THE AUTHORITY OF UPSC

PLEASE SIR GIVE YOUR RESPONSE TO ME AT GIVEN QUERY'
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?