6th October 2011, 06:54 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible for IAS exam after finishing B.A English Literature with CA?

i am finished my BA English literature with ca.
if i am eligible to atten IAS exam?

Related Questions:
  1. MA in Psychology after B.A in English Literature? MA in English literature along with diploma in Psychology? Duration of diploma course?
  2. Am I eligible for doing Ph.D in English literature in India after completion of masters course in Australia? -- [New]
  3. Am I eligible for IAs exam after doing Hindi Literature with 47%?
  4. Ph.D in English literature after passing M.A in English with 49%?
  5. Books to be referred to prepare for the entrance of masters in Linguistics?
  6. Graduate with B.A. (English) is eligible for IAS Exam?
  7. Am I eligible for PGT English after completing M.A English, B.A English Literature?
  8. Am I eligible for TGT English exam if I had English in first two years of my BA but not in the final year?
  9. How to become an IAS officer after doing B.A english literature 1st year
  10. What should I choose after completion of my BA in English literature? I have a good communication skill in English -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Eligibility for PhD course in English Literature through online mode?
  12. What is the procedure followed to do masters in English literature in correspondence mode after completion of B.A in English Literature?
  13. Am I eligible to write NET after doing PG English Literature
  14. Is it possible to MA (English Literature) twice?
  15. What is the qualification required to do M.A English Literature? Is it possible to do M.A English Literature after B.Com
  16. How to do M.A English Literature through distance?
  17. Am I eligible to take up masters in English literature if I have completed MBBS course?
  18. In which country I should pursue M.A. and PhD(English Literature) in Abroad?
7th October 2011, 11:02 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Am i eligible for IAS exam after finishing B.A English Literature with CA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
yes you are eligible for IAS exam.

Actually IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services . This is not an exam. This is one of the Indian Civil Service,and also top service among all the civil services. Has a lot scope to serve people directly.

the other services are IPS: Indian Police Service,IFS : Indian Foreign Service,IRS: Indian Revenue Service and etc., there are nearly 24 services on a whole.

To get job in any one of this service one has to appear in a Common entrance exam called Civil Service Exam. This exam is conducted by UPSC. UPSC is a Constitutional body which will conduct these type of exams to recruit right persons into central govt jobs i.e., civil services.
This Civil service exam is conducted once in a year.

The eligible candidates for this exam is A degree completed student who completed his/her 21 years of age.
and the applicant like you should be a Indian National.

After getting the notification in the month of dec/jan you have to apply for the examination if you fulfill the eligibility criterion.
after registering for this exam you have to undergo rigorous selection procedure.

This selection procedure will be conducted in three levels with three types of examinations.

->CSAT Level 1 MCQ type selection and filtering exam.
->Mains Level 2 Essay type selection and filtering exam
->Personal Interview Level 3 oral type of questions for seletion and filtering.

After completing this procedure you will be getting a rank on your overall performance in the selection procedure. Based on this rank you will get your desired service and available cadre.

Hope for the best that you get placed in your desired civil service.

Regards
7th October 2011, 11:07 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am i eligible for IAS exam after finishing B.A English Literature with CA?

Quote:
Dear friend,

Yes , You are eligible for IAS exam .Because you have completed your graduation course.

This exam is conducted by UPSC in once time in year.

Those candidate are graduate from any recognized university with any discipline are eligible for IAS exam.

But your age should be in between 22 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be in citizen in India.

The IAS selection process is consist in three way

1)Preliminary exam
2)Main exam
3)Inter View.

For more details you can visit to www.upsc.gov.in

Thanks
7th October 2011, 02:08 PM
Sohanlal5001

Default Re: Am i eligible for IAS exam after finishing B.A English Literature with CA?

Yes you are very much eligible for IAS exam after passing BA in English with CA.
A graduation degree
and age between 21 and 30 is required
for applying for IAS exas.
7th October 2011, 02:42 PM
jevirsinh

Hello friend.

IAS exam is conducted by UPSC in every year.
Eligibility criteria for IAS exam is..

1. Graduation in any stream from a recognize university college.
2. The age between 21 to 30 years for general category Age relaxation is provided for OBC SC/ST candidates.
3. No. of attempt 4times OBC 7times abs ST/SC no limit.

Preliminary Examination consists of Two Papers-

Paper I — General Studies 150 marks

Paper II — An Optional subject 300 marks.

So, If You Are Interested To Apply for IAS Exams,
then You Can Opt Any One Subjects -

Agriculture,
Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science,
Botany,
Chemistry,
Commerce,
Economics,
Electronics & communication engineering,
Electrical Engineering,
Mechanical Engineering,
Civil Engineering,
Geography,
Geology,
Indian History,
Law,
Mathematics,
Medical Science,
Philosophy,
Physics,
Political Science,
Psychology,
Public Administration,
Sociology,
Statistics,
Zoology
etc..

How to prepare for IAS?

To Prepare your self or go for I.A.S coaching,many centers offers the I.A.S Coaching.

Prepare topics like,

Current Events
History of India
Geography
General Science
Comprehension
Logical reasoning
analytical ability
Decision making
problem solving
General mental ability......etc.

For more information please see the website
http://www.upsc.in

All the best..
7th October 2011, 02:52 PM
paltejender
Junior Member+

Location: C/O United India Insurance Co Ltd, Near Apollo Chowk, Narwana Distt. Jind Haryana

Yes,

the basic reqirement for IAS exam is any bechlor degree. after that you have to choose subject for IAS exams and then exmas is conducted in june or july month.

the application form are publish on the website of UPSC
http://www.upsc.gov.in

on this site you can get the full information about the exam, its dates and syllabus for your subjects etc.
7th October 2011, 03:43 PM
convertor

Hello friend, yes you are eligible for indian administrative service(ias) exams. The educational qualification is graduation in any stream from any recognized university and age limit is 21 to 30years. Then apply union public service commission exams. Prepare well. All the best
7th October 2011, 03:55 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Am i eligible for IAS exam after finishing B.A English Literature with CA?

Quote:

Eligibility for Civil Service Exams

Yes,you are definitely eligible for the UPSC Civil Service Exams

According to the UPSC guidelines..the following candidates are eligible for appearing in the Civil Service Exams :-

1) You need to be a graduate or a final year graduation student in any stream from a recognized college..

2) You should be in the age limit of 21-30 years for general category,21-33 years for OBC and 21-35 years for SC/ST

The maximum number of attempts allowed for the general category is 4,for OBC it is 7 and for SC/ST there is no limit..

Exam Pattern :-

1) Prelims :- This round..also known as Civil Service Aptitude Test(CSAT) has 2 objective papers which will test your general knowledge,current affairs and aptitude..

2) Mains :- If you clear the Prelims,then you shall qualify for the Mains where your knowledge of your graduation subjects shall be tested..

If you clear both the rounds..you shall be called for the interview and the final selection..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
7th October 2011, 08:28 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Eligibility for IAS exam:-

1.The candidate must have complete the graduation in any trade from a recognized university.

2.The candidate should not have any pending backlogs during graduation.

3.The candidates age should be in between 21-30 years..
There is upper age relaxation of 3 years for OBC and upper age relaxation is 5 years for SC/ST.

As you have complete the BA course then you are eligible for IAS exam..

All the best.
26th February 2017, 07:43 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of 11th. English is my dream. I want to become an IAS officer after BA English with Phonetics. Is it possible?
27th February 2017, 05:02 PM
radha 2
Senior Member+

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services which is conducted by UPSC.

Eligibility criteria for IAS
-------------------------------

Nationality:
Candidate must be a citizen of India.

Educational Qualification:
Candidate applying for civil service exams is required to fulfill the following criteria:

Candidate must hold a Bachelor's Degree from any of the recognised universities
Candidates who are awaiting for results are also eligible for the Preliminary Examination.
22nd July 2019, 05:09 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for IAS exam after completing BA Honours in English.
29th June 2021, 06:52 PM
Afreen0786

Yes, you can prepare for UPSC after BA English. The eligibility for writing UPSC exam is just that you have to be a graduate from a recognised University, irrespective of the discipline you take. Hope this helped.

Thank you.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?