1st June 2015, 11:02 AM
Unregistered

Can a B.Sc IT candidate apply for government jobs?

I want to know whether BSC IT person can apply for government job like railway,banking ,UPSC,PCS,police,defence services or not.? What would be the minimum criteria followed for these jobs? Also provide me the procedure which we need to follow for applying the job?

Related Questions:
  1. After completing B.Tech from Electronics and Communication with 75% can I get a good job?
  2. How to apply for Government Jobs being a candidate of BE in Electronics?
  3. How to apply for Central government jobs? Available jobs for SC candidate? Is there any consultancy for this?
  4. Can I get a government job with salary of 25000 after B.Sc in Agriculture?
  5. What are the job opportunities after completion of BCA? I am doing it from Kumaon University
  6. What kind of jobs are available in Government sector for Distance B.Sc(Physics) candidate?
  7. Age limit for SC candidate to apply for government nursing job? How to apply for it?
  8. How to get a government job after finishing BSc Biotech with 70%
  9. Which course in college will provide opportunity to apply for maximum number of government jobs?
  10. Is there any vacancy to apply for government jobs? How can I apply for the jobs?
  11. How may I apply for government jobs after completing B.Sc?
  12. How can I apply for government jobs after passing BCA? What is the procedure to apply for the same
  13. Distance education degree holder can apply for government jobs?
  14. Which Government Jobs that I can apply being a candidate of pursuing 4th year B.Tech? When will be the notifications for these Government Jobs?
  15. Which Government Jobs a btech student (information technology) can apply? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. How to apply for government jobs in AP after BDS? How to apply, date of submission of form and syllabus of the exam? Salary packages in government job?
  17. Which PSUs are recruiting Computer Science students for training?
  18. Difference between General and NC OBC category?
2nd June 2015, 10:36 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a B.Sc IT candidate apply for government jobs?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for various government jobs. Here are some of the reputed companies in which you can apply for :

* HCL.
* SAIL.
* ONGC.
* IBM.
* COGNIZANT.
* TECH MAHINDRA.
* GENPACT.
* CIVILS.
* INDIAN ARMY.
* INDIAN AIR FORCE.
* BANKING SECTOR.
* RAILWAYS.
* POLICE DEPARTMENT.

ELIGIBILITY :

* Candidate must be a citizen of India.

* Candidate should have bachelor's degree in any stream from recognized university or Institution.

* Candidate should have passed their graduation with at least 60% marks.

* Candidate's age should range between 19-28 years.

To get selected for this posts, candidate must qualify in the written exam and an interview.
The candidate need to apply for this exam through online/ offline mode depending upon their posts.
3rd June 2015, 03:08 PM
Ashwakh

Yes , you can apply for many government jobs like Railway department jobs , Banking sector jobs , Upsc jobs , Police department jobs.

~ You can apply for the post of Sub inspector of police in State police department

~ You can apply for the Civil service exam . (IAS , IPS)

Age should be in between 21-30 years , for General category candidates
Age should be in between 21-33 years , for OBC Category candidates
Age should be in between 21-35 years , for SC and ST category candidates

Selection process is ,

1. preliminary exam
2.main exam
3. interview

~ You can apply for the Ibps bank clerk exam to join in banking sector.

To apply for the exam , you should have completed graduation from a recognized university.

Selection process is ,

1. preliminary exam
2. main exam
3. interview

~ You can apply for the CDS exam to join in Defence services.
CDS exam will conduct by UPSC of india two times in every year.

Age should be in between 19-22 years to join in Navy through CDS exam
Age should be in between 19-23 years , to join in Airforce through cds exam
Age should be in between 19-24 years to join in Army through cds exam
3rd June 2015, 08:08 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

B.Sc IT stands for Bachelor of Science with Information technology and it is a bachelor degree course .

Yes you are eligible for the government job like banking , UPSC , PCS , Railways , defense services , law courses etc. having completed your bachelor degree as for the mentioned jobs the minimum educational qualification is a bachelor degree with any discipline from a recognized university. Also there is no restriction of percentage aggregate in the same course for these jobs .

Also for all the above jobs you must have the citizenship of India .

Also for UPSC, PCS, Railways your age must be within 21 years to 32 years and for the banking jobs your age must be within 21 years to 30 years. Also in both the case there is the provision of age relaxation as per the government norm. Also for the defense services your age must be within 19 years to 25 years .

For more details and applying for your desired jobs visit the official website of that respective jobs .
23rd July 2019, 11:16 AM
Unregistered

Tell me that can i get railway job after i complete BSC IT...
3rd November 2022, 09:41 PM
Mythreyi1990

Yes you can eligibile

some government job are

COGNIZANT

HCL

IBM

SAIL

ONGC

POLICE DEPARTMENT

RAILWAY

BANKING SECTOR......
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?