26th June 2016, 02:14 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply in NDA being an 11th Biology student? In which stream I will do Graduation between PCM and PCB through NDA?

Sir,
I am interested to join NDA but I am a Biology student studying in 11th standard. I want to ask you that whether I can apply for NDA or not? If yes, then in which stream I will do Graduation between PCM and PCB through NDA?

27th June 2016, 10:34 AM
Khurit
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I apply in NDA being an 11th Biology student? In which stream I will do Graduation between PCM and PCB through NDA?

Right now you can not apply for this exams. You must apply for this exam after completing class 12th. You must chose PCM because when you apply for this exam they will ask you Physics & Maths. So first complete your school then apply for this exam. You need to study very hard to clear this exam. So make your base strong.
27th June 2016, 10:39 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply in NDA being an 11th Biology student? In which stream I will do Graduation between PCM and PCB through NDA?

Yes, you can appear for NDA after 10+2. The examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidates must have passed 10+2 from any recognised board.

Candidates must have Physics and Mathematics as main paper for Air Force and Navy.

Candidates age must be between 16.5-19.5 years.

So, you are eligible to appear for examination and after qualifying in examination after training you will offered Bachelor degree in Science with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. There is no option for biology in degree for candidates having biology as main paper in 10+2.
27th June 2016, 12:22 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you can't apply for NDA examination being a 11th standard Biology student. To be eligible to appear in NDA examination, you must have completed 12th standard in any stream from a recognised board.

After completion of your 12th standard in Biology stream, you are eligible to join Indian Army through NDA examination and you are not eligible to join Indian Navy and Indian Air Force. Only candidates who have passed 12th standard with Mathematics and Physics subjects in 12th standard are eligible to join Indian Navy and Air Force through NDA examination.
27th June 2016, 06:26 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy and the examination is conducted twice every year in month of April and September. The examination provides opportunity for male candidates to join defence service after 10+2.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that the candidates must have passed or pursing in it from any recognised board.

So, you can appear for examination but eligible for recruitment only in Army and age limit is between 16.5-19.5 years.

After qualifying in examination ( written and SSB ) candidates are offered bachelor degree in Arts ( Humanities ) or Science ( Maths ) from recognised university.

For further details visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
27th June 2016, 06:46 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy. The entrance examination for NDA is conducted twice every year by UPSC and the eligibility criteria for this examination to join different wings of Defence is:

>>10+2 passed or appearing from a recognized board. For Indian Air Force and Navy, mathematics and physics is necessary in board exams of 10+2. Your stream is PCB in 10+2, so you are eligible for Indian Army only through NDA exam. You can apply for NDA exam but after passing in written test and SSB, you will be eligible to join Army only.

>>The age limit for this examination is 16.5-19.5 years for candidates of all category. Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for this examination.

You will have to clear written test and SSB to join Army and you will pursue graduation in Military academy with PCB subject.
27th June 2016, 06:49 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I am interested to join NDA but I am a Biology student studying in 11th standard. I want to ask you that whether I can apply for NDA or not? If yes, then in which stream I will do Graduation between PCM and PCB through NDA?
Yes, you are eligible for NDA exam but after completion of 11th standard.

Those candidates who have completed 12th with Physics and Mathematics from a recognized board are eligible for Indian Air Force or Indian Navy. All streams from 12th standard are eligible for Indian Army post through NDA exam.

Your age should be 16.5 to 19.5 years.
27th June 2016, 08:32 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for NDA but you will not be eligible for Indian Air Force and Navy. You will be only eligible for Indian Army being a non technical stream candidate.

Selection in NDA will be on the basis of written exam and SSB interview. You will do graduation on the basis of your class 12th if selected for NDA.
27th June 2016, 09:48 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

As far as my knowledge is concerned, you are not eligible to appear in NDA Examination being a Biology candidate. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in NDA Examination is "12th Class" from a recognized university. The actual criteria required is "12th Class" of 10+2 pattern or its equivalent for Army and 12th Class with Physics and Mathematics for Air Force and Navy wings. Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to appear in NDA Examination.
27th June 2016, 09:58 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Yes being a Class 11th student with PCB group you are eligible for appearing in the NDA examination but you are eligible for joining only Indian Army wing of NDA,

--> NDA stands for National Defense Academy and as the name suggests it is an national academy for one those who manages to qualify NDA entrance examination and are looking to be an officer in Indian defense.

--> NDA entrance examination are held twice every year by UPSC in two stages which includes Written examination and SSB ( Service Selection Board ) interview.

--> NDA has three wings which comprises of Indian Army, Indian Air force and Indian Navy.

--> For appearing in the same entrance examination, the minimum eligibility required for appearing in the same examination are as here under :-

* You must be an unmarried Indian male candidate with your age lying within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

* You must have a higher secondary school degree in any discipline from a recognized board. Students having any equivalent degree are also eligible.

* You must maintain the physical and mental fitness as per the service requirement norms.

For more details and notifications about the same entrance examination you can visit the link www.upsc.gov.in.
28th June 2016, 12:59 AM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Only Science stream candidates are eligible for NDA. That is why if you are from science stream then you are eligible other wise not.
28th June 2016, 02:11 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply in NDA for Indian Military Academy after passing 12th with PCB subjects.

UPSC conducts NDA exam twice a year for recruitment in Indian Army.

NDA stands for National Defense Academy.It has three wings;

Indian Military Academy.

Indian Naval Academy.

Indian Air Force Academy.

Eligibility criteria for NDA exam are as under :-

-The candidate must be a citizen of India.

-The age limit for the candidate is 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

-Only unmarried male candidate can apply for the exam.

-The candidate should have passed 10+2 in any discipline from a recognized board for Indian Military Academy and 10+2 with Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics for Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy.

-The selection process involves

*Written Examination

* Personal Interview by Service Selection Board
11th February 2021, 07:14 AM
Unregistered

Maine 12vi phyjics chemetry aur biology ke sath uteen kiya ho kya mai nda ka exam de sakta hoo
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?