27th May 2015, 12:15 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for Civil Service Examination if completed Distance BBM?

Sir,
I have completed my 10th and Diploma in
Mechanical Engineering and I have
completed BBM in Distance Education.
Can I apply for Civil Service Examination?

30th May 2015, 03:27 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for Civil Service Examination if completed Distance BBM?

Yes dear absolutely you are eligible to apply for " Civil Service Examination " after BBM. In general to apply for Civil Service Examination any candidate should have completed their graduation from the recognized University.

Coming to your query, I will give you proper solution and that is you had completed BBM in distance mode. So first thing you have to see that whether your college must be approved by AICTE or not. If not then your are not eligible to apply for Civil's Examination.

Overall I want to say that your graduation college should be approved. Otherwise there is No value for your degree.

And the detailed information about the Civil Service Examination you can try to look at the below things.

Eligibility Criteria for CIVIL's Service Examination :

1.You should complete graduation from the recognized University with minimum percentage of marks and there is No requirement of percentage for Civil's.

2.Age should be in between 21 to 30 years. And there is a Age relaxation allowed for the reserved candidates.

3.Final year candidates of graduation are also eligible.

Last date to fill the Application form : 19/06/2015

Date of Prelims : 23/08/2015
30th May 2015, 07:24 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for Civil Service Examination if completed Distance BBM?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for Civil Services Examination being a Distance degree BBM holder. The basic criteria required to meet to be eligible for Civil Services Examination (CSE) is "Candidates must have passed Graduation or Bachelor Degree in any discipline" from a recognized university. If you have passed Graduation (BBM) from a recognized university even though it is done through correspondence mode, you are eligible to appear in Civil Service Examination. As you have finally passed BBM (Bachelor of Business Management) course which is a bachelor degree you are certainly eligible to appear in Civil Service Examination being a Graduate.

Date of Issue of Civil Services (Preliminary) 2015 Notification: 23rd May, 2015

Notice Number: 09/2015-CSP

Last date for receiving Applications: 19th June, 2015

Click here to Apply for Civil Services Exam 2015
30th May 2015, 01:44 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for Civil Service examination after completion of your BBM course from a recognised university. Candidates who have completed Graduation degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university are eligible to appear in Civil Service Examination. Eligibility criteria required to appear in Civil Service Examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed Bachelor's degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university.

3. You must be in between 21-30 years old. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.

4. You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC Civil Service Examination notification.
30th May 2015, 03:01 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for Civil Service Examination if completed Distance BBM.

Candidate must have completed graduation degree from any recognised university.
If you have completed your BBM from some recognised university, then you are eligible.
Make sure that your university is recognised university.

Age Limits :

For General : 21 to 32 years
For SC/ST : 21 to 37 years
For OBC : 21 to 35 years

For more details please visit : http://upsc.gov.in

Please find the attachment for the syllabus.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Civil Service Exam Syllabus.pdf(155.3 KB, 42 views)
30th May 2015, 06:37 PM
Ashwakh

If your BBM in distance mode is completed from a Recognised university , then you are eligible to apply for the Civil services exam .
If not , then you are not eligible to apply for the exam .

If you are eligible , then kindly note the following points.

> If you belong to General category , then age shouldbe in between 21-30 years only to apply for the exam .
> If you belong to OBC category , then age shouldbe in between 21-33 years only to apply for the exam .
> If you belong to SC or ST category , then age shouldbe in between 21-35 years only to apply for the exam .
> You shouldbe a citizen of India.

Selection process is ,

1. preliminary exam
2. main exam
3. interview

> For General category candidates , Maximum 4 attempts are allowed
> For OBC Category candidates , maximum 7 attempts are allowed
> For SC and ST category candidates , there is no restriction in number of attempts.
30th May 2015, 07:43 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
Yeah sure, you are absolutely eligible to apply for Civil Service Examination. The Basic Educational Qualification to apply for Civil Service Examination is that the candidate should have completed degree in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. The candidate age should be between 21-32 years as on 1st August of the year of examination.

Educational Qualification wise, you are eligible to apply. If your age limits satisfy the framed age limits by UPSC, then definitely you are eligible to apply for Civil Service Examination. Done the graduation course in correspondence is not a big issue and it is also acceptable and valid degree. So, you can definitely eligible to apply for Civil Service Examination.
30th May 2015, 08:33 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
You have completed BBM so you are eligible for Civil Service exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for Civil Service Examination.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 30 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

CIVIL SERVICES (PRELIMINARY) EXAM 2015:-

Date of Notification:- 16.05.2015
Last date for receipt of applications:- 12.06.2015 (FRIDAY)
Date of commencement of Examination:- 23.08.2015 (SUNDAY)

CIVIL SERVICES (MAIN) EXAM 2015:-

Date of commencement of Examination:- 18.12.2015 (FRIDAY)
14th July 2015, 07:18 PM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

Hello friends....................

Yes, you can apply for Civil Exams

UPSC (Union Public Service Comission) was conducts many examination and the age eligible criteria are vary form Examination to Examination. UPSC Conducts the examination like Civil services, IES, IFS, CDS, NDA, SCRA, I.E.S/I.S.S Examination and May More Other examination.

So, Age Eligiblity Criteria are Vary form Exam to Exam, So Here I am Providing you the age eligibility Criteria to apply for UPSC Examination.

>> For NDA Examination - Your age Should between 16.5 to 19 years.

>> For SCRA Examination - Age should between 17 to 21 Years.

>> Civil services examination - Age should between 21 to 30 years.

>> For IES Examination - Your age should between 21 to 30 years

>> CDS Examination - Age should between 19 to 25 years and It vary form Academy to Academy-

For IMA - Your age should between 19 to 24 years.
For OTA - Age should between 19 to 25 years.
Naval Academy - Age should between 19 to 22 years
Air Force Academy - Age should between 19 to 23 Years.

Upper Age Relaxation -

Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC and other Reserved Category candidates.

>> For OBC Candidates - 3 year Relaxation.

>> For SC/ST Candidates - 5 Year Relaxation.

Age Eligiblity For Bank Examination -

>> For Bank PO Examination - Your age Should between 21 to 30 years.

>> For Clerical Examination - Your age should between 18 to 28 years.

So, All these are the Age Eligiblity Conditions to apply for the Government Bank examinations as well as for UPSC Examination and for More Information please check the official website -

http://upsc.gov.in

All the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?