26th September 2016, 01:50 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for SSC CGL, IAS, PCS, CDS and other government sector companies with a B.Tech degree with ECE?

Sir, I have passed 12th class with 49% and I have done my B.Tech degree with ECE branch with 64%. Can I apply for government sector jobs and SSC CGL, IAS,PCS, CDS exams and government sector companies on the basis of my graduation and 12 marks?

26th September 2016, 11:03 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I apply for SSC CGL, IAS, PCS, CDS and other government sector companies with a B.Tech degree with ECE?

Yes, definitely you can apply for government jobs like CGL,IAS,PCS,CDS and other government companies.
Buy employment news this paper will give you full details with respect to government jobs and also before filling the form check your eligibility. Percentage does not require to apply but graduation should be done from a valid university.
27th September 2016, 12:07 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for SSC CGL, IAS, PCS, CDS and other government sector companies with a B.Tech degree with ECE?

Yes, you can apply for government jobs entrance examination. The eligibility to appear for government jobs entrance examination such as SSC, PO, PCS examination is that the candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

So, you can appear for entrance examination and after qualifying in all stages you can qualify for job.

For more information about examination visit at official website.
27th September 2016, 12:21 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, any candidate who have passed degree from any recognised university with minimum passing percentage are eligible to appear for entrance examination such as banking, staff selection and Civil Services.

So, you can appear for examination. There is nothing to do with aggregate in 10+2 and graduation.

The candidates have to appear and qualify in all stages of entrance examination such as written as interview stages.
27th September 2016, 12:24 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I have passed 12th class with 49% and I have done my B.Tech degree with ECE branch with 64%. Can I apply for government sector jobs and SSC CGL, IAS,PCS, CDS exams and government sector companies on the basis of my graduation and 12 marks?
You have completed B.Tech in ECE so you are eligible for SSC CGL, IAS, PCS, CDS entrance exams.

You are also eligible for jobs in government sector jobs like.

1)IES exam

2)IBPS and SBI entrance exam

3)Civil service exam

4)Group D exam

5)Staff selection commission exam

6)Indian Forest Service exam

7)PSC exam

8)BSNL TTA and JTO exam

9)RRB jobs

10)Assistant teacher
27th September 2016, 12:45 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, there is no such problem in it, you can very much apply for the above mentioned examinations with the qualification you posses. You should also fulfill the minimum age criteria and also the minimum marks required for the particular examination.
27th September 2016, 01:20 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Yes being a Bachelor of Technology degree holder with Electrical and Communication Engineering ( ECE ) you are eligible for applying for all SSC CGL, PCS and CDS entrance examination as for all these examination, a bachelor degree holder in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible. Apart from above mentioned examination you can also apply for bank jobs, railway jobs, etc. .

--> SSC CGL examination refers to Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level examination and is held for recruitment as group B and group D officer in various government offices.

--> Where as PCS stands for Public Service Commission examination which are held for recruitment as an administrative officer like IAS, IPS, etc. .

--> Also CDS examination refers to Combined Defense Services examination and is held for selection of candidates for their recruitment as defense officer.

For further details you can log on to the link www.ssc.nic.in and www.upsc.gov.in.
27th September 2016, 02:19 AM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible for all government jobs as well as private sector jobs.
For any government sector jobs you need to fulfill all its eligibility criteria. Some of them are as under:-
Candidate must have completed their graduation from any of the recognized university.
Candidates are free to pursue from any stream. It should be either technical or non-technical.
Candidate must have at least 45% aggregate marks in their graduation.
Candidate age should not less than 21 years and should not exceed 30 years.
But for UPSC and BPSC maximum age limit is 42 years.
Candidate must be a citizen of India.
27th September 2016, 08:29 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for SSC CGL, IAS, PCS, CDS and other government sector companies as per your qualification.

Minimum required eligibility criteria for these exams are as under :-

-Candidate must be an Indian citizen.

-Candidate must have passed Bachelor's degree form any recognized university.

-Candidate age should not be more than 33 years to apply for these exams .
27th September 2016, 09:29 AM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

You have completed your graduation so you are eligible for all these government jobs and you can give IES exam which is conducted by UPSC. This exam is for engineering service in different government sector. Good luck and thanks.
27th September 2016, 10:02 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

After completion of bachelor's degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering, you are eligible to apply for following examinations for jobs in government sector:

>>Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering for Public Sector Undertakings jobs.

>>Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate level exam.

>>Civil Services examination.

>>BSNL JTO examination.

>>Combined Defence Services and Air Force Common Admission Test for Defence jobs.

>>State Public Service Commission exams.

>>Banking and Railway entrance exams etc.
27th September 2016, 02:30 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are certainly eligible to apply for SSC CGL, IAS, PSC, CDS and other government sector based jobs after completion of B.Tech with 64% marks and 49% marks in 12th Class. In general, marks secured in 12th class are not considered for appearing in the above said entrance examination. The only thing that is required to be eligible for appearing in the above mentioned exams is,

>> Candidates must have completed successfully from a recognized university.

>> So Only graduation PASS is required in order to be eligible. As you are done with B.Tech ECE, I am sure that you are certainly eligible to appear in Combined Graduate Level Exam and other public service examinations.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?