29th June 2016, 01:43 PM
kitchenkit

Am I eligible to appear in SSC-CGL and CDS exams being a Hotel Management graduate?

Hello,
I am Shubham and I have completed 3 years Degree of B.Sc in Hotel Management. I would like to know that am I eligible for applying in SSC-CGL and CDS exams or not? Please let me know about this.

30th June 2016, 03:28 PM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in SSC-CGL and CDS exams being a Hotel Management graduate?

Yes, you can eligible for both CDS and SSC exams.
Being a graduate you can eligible for both exams.

BASIC ELIGIBILITY FOR CDS AND SSC :

Graduate holders are eligible for this exam

Age limit for this exam is 21 to 30 years

Upper age relaxation for OBC candidates is 3 years and 5 years for SC/St candidates

Candidate should be a citizen of india

60% marks required in graduation level

SELECTION PROCESS:

Written exam
Interview
30th June 2016, 03:35 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in SSC-CGL and CDS exams being a Hotel Management graduate?

Yes you can apply for the SSC CGL exams & CDS.

For SSC CGL there are many post for which you can apply for if meet the eligibility criteria. To appear for this exam you must be graduated from any recognized university & your age must be between 18 years minimum & maximum 27 years in case of general category for some posts its 30 years.There are age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC category.

For CDS you can apply for the Indian Army or Indian Navy or India Air force.

1. Indian Army:- You must be graduated from a recognized University. You should be unmarried & born not earlier than 2nd January 1993 & not later than 1st January 1998.

2. Indian Navy:- You must be graduate in Engineering from a recognized University. You should be unmarried & born not earlier than 2nd January 1993 & not later than 1st January 1998.

3.India Air Force:- You must be graduated from a recognized University (with Physics & Maths at 10+2) or Bachelor degree in Engineering.Age must be between 20 to 24 years as on 1st January 2017. You should be unmarried & born not earlier than 2nd January 1993 & not later than 1st January 1997.

Below I have attached the notification which will help you in understanding in more better ways.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SSC CGL Advt 2016.pdf(261.4 KB, 30 views)
File Type: pdf Combined Defence Service Exam Notification..pdf(35.99 MB, 23 views)
30th June 2016, 06:32 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

CDS refers to Combined Defense Services and the same entrance examination is organised two times every year by UPSC for recruitment of Commissioned officer in the Indian Defense Sector.

Also, SSC CGL refers to Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level examination and is held once every year by SSC for appointment at different posts in various government offices.

For appearing in both these entrance examination, the minimum educational requurement is a bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

So having completed your B.Sc degree course in hotel management you are eligible for appearing in both these examinations if you also satisfy the age criteria, fitness requirement, nationality, etc. .

For further details regarding these examinations, you must visit their respective official which are www.upsc.gov.in and www.ssconline.nic.in.
30th June 2016, 07:27 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate level examination is:

1. You must have done bachelor's degree from a recognized university in any discipline. Final year candidates of bachelor's degree are also eligible to apply for this examination.

2. Age limit is 18-27 years.

You are eligible for SSC CGL and Combined Defence Services after completion of three years in Bachelor of Science in Hotel Management. But you will be eligible for Officer's Training academy and Indian Military academy only as bachelor's degree in science is needed for Indian Air Force Academy or Navy.
30th June 2016, 07:49 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Bachelor of Science in Hotel Management is valid course and candidates who pursue this course are eligible for applying to examination like Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level examination or Combined Defence Services examination.

The age limit for SSC CGL examination is 18-27 years and three years age relaxation to OBC candidate and five years to SC/ST candidate.

You are eligible for Indian Military Academy and Indian Officer's Training Academy. The age limit for IMA is 19-24 years and 19-25 years for OTA.
30th June 2016, 08:19 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria Required to appear in SSC CGL Examination:

Yes, you are certainly eligible to appear in SSC CGL Examination being a Hotel Management Graduate. The basic educational qualification required for all the posts is "Graduate Degree" from a recognized university.

>> For Statistical Investigator Grade II - Bachelor's Degree in any discipline with Mathematics in 12th Class

>> For Compiler - Bachelor's Degree with Economics or Statics as a compulsory subject

>> For All Posts - Bachelor's Degree

Eligibility Criteria Required to appear in CDS Examination:

Yes, you are eligible to appear in CDS Examination being a Bachelor of Hotel Management Graduate. You are eligible to go with Indian Military Academy/ Officer's Training Academy being a Hotel Management Graduate.

@ For Indian Military Academy/ Officer's Training Academy: Degree from a recognized university
@ For Indian Naval Academy: Bachelor of Engineering
@ For Air Force Academy: Degree of a recognized university with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level or Bachelor of Engineering.
30th June 2016, 09:18 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility for SSC CGL Exam :

>> You should have completed graduation from the recognized university with minimum percentage of marks.

>> Age should be in between 21 to 28 years

>> Age relaxation is there for every reserved categorized students.

>> Final year candidates of graduation can also be eligible to apply for SSC CGL.

Eligibility for CDS Exam :

>> With your qualification you are eligible for Indian army and Officer's training Academy.

>> Age should be in between 19 to 23 years.
30th June 2016, 10:06 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenkit View Post
Hello,
I am Shubham and I have completed 3 years Degree of B.Sc in Hotel Management. I would like to know that am I eligible for applying in SSC-CGL and CDS exams or not? Please let me know about this.
Yes, you are eligible CDS and SSC CGL exam.

SSC CGL:-

Minimum qualification required to apply for this examination is completing a degree course from a recognized Institution.

Age criteria:-

1. Sub Inspectors in CPOs – 20 years to 25 years
2. Assistant / Sub Inspector in CBI – 20 years to 27 years
3. Statistical Investigators – Maximum 26 years
4. For all other posts – 18 years to 27 years.

CDS exam:-

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian naval academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics subjects from a recognized university.

Indian Air force academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics from a recognized university.

Indian Military academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Officers Training Academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Age Criteria:-

Indian Military Academy: - 19-24 Years
Air Force Academy: - 19-23 Years
Naval Academy: - 19-22 Years
Officer's Training Academy: - 19-25 Years
30th June 2016, 10:53 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

You have completed three years degree in Bachelor of Science in Hotel Managment, you can apply for both Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level exam and Combined Defence Services examination for joining different wings of defence. The age limit for CGL exam is 18-27 years.

In case of CDS exam, if you clear written test and SSB, you can join Military academy or Officer training Academy only and age limit is 19-24 and 19-25 years respectively. Official website is www.upsc.gov.in.
30th June 2016, 11:22 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate level examination:

>>Candidate must have done bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates of bachelor's degree can also apply for this examination.

>>The age limit for this exam is 18-27 years. Upper age relaxation of three years to OBC candidate and five years to SC/ST candidates.

Eligibility criteria for Combined Defence Services exam conducted by UPSC.

>>For Navy and Air force, bachelor's degree in science or engineering. For Military and Officer training academy, it is graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.

>>Age limit for IMA is 19-24 years.

>>Age limit for OTA is 19-25 years.

Being a hotel management graduate, you are eligible for CGL as well as CDS examination.
30th June 2016, 11:29 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

As far as eligibility criteria for these exams is concerned there is requirement for graduate in any discipline from a recognized university.

Which means if you have got degree in hotel management from a recognized university then surely you can apply for CDS and SSC CGL exam.
1st July 2016, 12:06 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level examination:

*Graduation in any discipline from any UGC recognized university.

*Age limit for this exam is 18-27 years.

Hotel management graduates are eligible for this examination. You can apply for this exam but important dates for this year examination is already over.
18th February 2020, 10:59 PM
Unregistered

What kind of posts are available in SSCCGL after BHM ?
11th October 2022, 09:12 AM
Unregistered

What jobs can Hotel Management students apply for after completing SSC CGL
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?