16th February 2017, 04:52 PM
Unregistered

Can I become a loco pilot, if wearing spectacles?

Sir, I completed 10th. Can I join diploma in mechanical engineering. After that I wrote RRB examination. I were putting spectacles, can I join in loco pilot.

17th February 2017, 09:34 PM
AshitaBanerjee

Default Re: Can I become a loco pilot, if wearing spectacles?

Yes you can do Diploma in Mechanical Engineering but the eligibility required are:
10th pass with minimum 55% marks/10th pass with ITI certificate.

In order to give the RRB exam you must have high leveled medical standard which is no other category required so far. Loco running men/railway drivers must have the highest standard of medical fitness in medical. Wearing spectacles must not create much problem. If you have less power then it will be manageable. You will have to go through different medical check ups.An eyesight about 6/6 without glasses in both eyes and 0.6 as near vision is required. If you have more power then you might lose the chance.
18th February 2017, 06:22 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Loco pilot is a very responsible job and having a good eyesight is definitely required for it. Hence, there are many tests conducted during medical examination for eye like fogging test. Also, you need to have color vision, field vision, binocular vision and night vision to get this job.

Therefore, if you wear spectacles and want to join this post, then you need to pass all the above tests. Just make sure you have the eyesight according to the standards.
18th February 2017, 07:49 PM
diptchand
Junior Member+

Smile Re: Can I become a loco pilot, if wearing spectacles?

Dear candidate,

Candidate must have passed 10th class and must have completed ITI in any trade from a recognized college.

If candidate has diploma in electronics / mechanical / automobile / civil then he / she can apply for the post.

Age should be between 18-30 years.

Wearing spectacles is common but candidate shall read visual acuity test in fitness medical test.

Thank you.
19th February 2017, 09:44 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I completed 10th. Can I join diploma in mechanical engineering. After that I wrote RRB examination. I were putting spectacles, can I join in loco pilot.
Yes, after completion of diploma in Mechanical Engineering, you are eligible for Assistant Loco Pilot exam.

Those candidates who have completed diploma and ITI course from a recognized University are eligible for Assistant Loco Pilot exam.

Your age should be in between 18 to 33 years.
4th March 2017, 08:07 PM
ealpexpart@

Location: c/o debi dev, 2/ J green park north old calculate road. barrackpur. p.o.- talpukur, kolkata-700123
Post Re: Can I become a loco pilot, if wearing spectacles?

Yes,you are eligible for Assistant loco pilot exam as you completed diploma in Mechanical engineering.

There is a huge vacancy in Indian Railway of Assistant loco pilot. There is a chance to publish of assistant loco pilot exam notification in 2017.

•Educational qualification: Candidate must have passed 10th class with ITI certificate or completed B.Tech or Diploma in mechanical engineering / civil engineering / electrical engineering / automobile engineering with 55%.

Selection procedure: 1. Online computer based objective written exam 120 marks ( mathematics,reasoning,general knowledge - history, geography, science,economics,Indian constitution,current affairs).

2. Medical test specially eye test. Wearing spectacles are common factor but you must have good eye sight to read visual acuity test and must not be a colour blind person. If you have 6/6 near vision then it is good to get this job. During eye test you must have field vision, binocular vision,night vision, colour vision etc.

Thank you, I hope it will help you.
25th July 2017, 02:46 AM
Unregistered

Sir i have passed 12th and after can i do a course of loco pilot what can should i do for that explain?
24th October 2017, 02:24 PM
Unregistered

I have -2.50 in right side and -2.0 in left side power in eye and i am using spectacle.can i am able to pass the test????
4th November 2017, 08:53 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have a minor problem of minus 0.5 in right side and left side is 6/6 .recently I have started waring spectacles am I eligible for became a locopilot
8th June 2019, 07:59 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have power in -0.25 in my eye can I eligible for alp
3rd October 2019, 09:15 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have -5 power of spectacle s can I cabable for ALP.
25th October 2022, 07:14 PM
Unregistered

Ritu barna professor lecturer in geography Mahanta sir Ritu barna professor railways Ritu barna assistant loco pilot
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?