15th September 2016, 01:01 PM
mohammed oman

What should I do to become a Loco Pilot or to get a Railway job?

Hello sir, I am a student of diploma in mechanical engineering final year I want to become a loco pilot. What I should have to do to become a loco pilot or get any railway job?

15th September 2016, 04:44 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to become a Loco Pilot or to get a Railway job?

To become a Loco Pilot, you have to apply for Loco Pilot examination which is conducted by Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) for recruitment of candidates when there are vacancies of Loco Pilot posts in Indian Railways.

To be eligible to apply for Loco Pilot examination, you have to satisfy the eligibility criteria stated below :-

=> You should have passed 10th standard and ITI or Diploma in Engineering from a Government recognised Institution.

=> Age limit :- 18-30 years. Relaxation in upper age limit is applicable to OBC/ SC/ ST/ PWD category candidates as per Government rules.

As per the information you have mentioned in your query, you have passed Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from a Government recognised Institution, so, you need to apply for RRB Loco Pilot examination and get qualified to become a Loco Pilot.
15th September 2016, 05:49 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammed oman View Post
Hello sir, I am a student of diploma in mechanical engineering final year I want to become a loco pilot. What I should have to do to become a loco pilot or get any railway job?
For becoming a loco pilot in Railway, you must follow anyone of the following criteria:
  • ITI in any specific trade.
  • Diploma course in any stream like mechanical/automobile/electrical or electronics.

As you have already completed Diploma course in Mechanical, so you can apply for Loco-Pilot job.

You will have to appear for RRB Group D Exam that is conducted for Loco Pilot vacancies.

Currently, notifications are not released for Loco-Pilot jobs.

Age Limit:
The age of the candidate must be between 18-30 years of age. However, relaxation is provided to reserved category candidates as per rules.

Selection Procedure is based on Written Exam and Personal Interview.
15th September 2016, 07:10 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Recruitment examination for the post of Loco pilot in Indian Railways is conducted by RRB (railway recruitment board).

Eligibility required to apply for job of Loco Pilot in Indian Railways are as under :-

-The candidate age should be in between 18-30 years. There will be relaxation is in age limit as per the government rules.

-The candidate must have passed 10th/equivalent and should have done ITI from a recognized university or 12th or diploma in engineering in electrical /mechanical / electronics /automobile engineering.

-Selection of candidate is done on the basis of their performance in the written exam followed by the PET and medical test for the qualified candidates.

Application fee:

For open category candidates : Rs. 40/-

There is no need to pay fee for SC/ ST/ PWD/ Women candidates .

Official website of Indian Railways :www.indianrailways.gov.in
15th September 2016, 08:24 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

You must have to qualified minimum 10th standard and ITI in any specific stream from any well affiliated institute to apply for Loco Pilot in Indian Railways. Candidates with higher education beside above mentioned, are also eligible for the same post. Also you must have to fulfill the age criteria. Your age must be in between 18 years to 30 years.
After going through the complete selection procedure, you have to qualified the physical/medical test.
15th September 2016, 09:08 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

To be an loco pilot in Indian Railways, the minimum qualifications which you must possess are as here under :-

i) You must have the nationality of India.

ii) Your age must lie within 18 years to 30 years.

iii) You must have passed your Class 10th and ITI degree course or done diploma in engineering degree course with Mechanical / Electronics etc.degree course from a recognized institute.

So being a diploma degree holder in Mechanical engineering you are eligible for becoming loco pilot on education requirement ground.

The recruitment on this post in done through a entrance examination which is held by different RRBs depending upon the vacancies. So for the updates about the vacancies you must log on to the official link of different RRBs periodically.
15th September 2016, 09:22 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

To become a Loco Pilot you are required to first know the eligibility criteria. Minimum qualification that is required to become a Loco pilot in Indian Railways is given below.

>> Matriculation pass under 10+2 pattern

(Or)

>> Diploma from a AICTE approved institution in the following streams. The eligible disciplines are Mechanical Engineering/ Electronics Engineering/ Automobile Engineering/ Electrical Engineering.

As are going to complete Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, you are eligible for Assistant Loco Pilot post in Indian Railways.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?