23rd September 2014, 11:54 PM
Unregistered

Can I become a Police Inspector if wearing spectacles having No. -1?

Sir,I want to tell you that i am wearing spectacles having no.-1 .i want to become police officer.Its mmy dream from childhood.I am planning to do commerce then b.com.Sir please tell me can i become a police officer.if yes then how and if no what should i opt after b.com.please sir tell me and reply me at [email protected]

30th September 2014, 10:53 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become a Police Inspector if wearing spectacles having No. -1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,I want to tell you that i am wearing spectacles having no.-1 .i want to become police officer.Its mmy dream from childhood.I am planning to do commerce then b.com.Sir please tell me can i become a police officer.if yes then how and if no what should i opt after b.com.please sir tell me and reply me at [email protected]

IPS Exam provides candidates to join in as Police officer and this exam is being conducted by UPSC every year and there are criteria's which are needed to be satisfied along with it such as Nationality,Age limit and education qualification.

To tell in detail about these criteria's it is that:

# The Nationality standard needed for the exam is that the candidate should have a Citizenship in India

# The age limit needed for the exam is that the candidate should have 21-30 years for General category candidate and for SC/ST it is 5 years extra and for OBC it is 3 years extra

# Education qualification needed for the exam is that the candidate should have completed a Degree from a recognized university.

As you have asked for the information regarding the Eye sight standard refer below:

Eye sight – 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye. 6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye. Near vision J 1 for good eye. J2 for worst eye. The correction is by lenses only. High standard for the Colour-blind test. No inherent night blindness. Vision should stereoscopic.

If you satisfy all the above criteria's needed for the exam then you can apply for the exam.For more info check at http://www.upsc.gov.in

Regards
~Jxsab~
14th July 2020, 02:41 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I become a Police Inspector if wearing spectacles having No. -1?

My eye vision is -2.5 is both the eyes m i eligible for
Sub inspector?plzzz guide
14th March 2021, 05:34 PM
Unregistered

My vision is -2. 25 is one eyes so i am eligible for sub inspector
18th April 2021, 08:09 PM
Unregistered

My glass power is -2.5 can I apply for upsi?
4th May 2022, 01:58 AM
Unregistered

My eyesight no is -1.25 can I become a inspector??????
4th May 2022, 09:08 PM
Unregistered

I have -1 power I can apply for sub inspector job
8th May 2022, 03:27 AM
Unregistered

Sir I want become sub inspector but my glass power is -2.9 so iam eligible for psi exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?