6th July 2016, 02:49 PM
Unregistered

Can I be Police Constable if my height is 166 cm and belongs to OBC?

Hello sir, I am Upendar Kumar and my height is 166 cm. I have passed graduation with Art stream and I belongs to OBC. Is there is any chance to apply for Police Constable. My email id:[email protected].

6th July 2016, 08:47 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I be Police Constable if my height is 166 cm and belongs to OBC?

Yes, you are eligible for police constable post if you have 166 cm height. The minimum requirement for men is 165 cm for most of the police jobs.
Relaxation is height is given to candidates who belong to areas like mountain range like nepalis or people from north east.
6th July 2016, 11:17 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I be Police Constable if my height is 166 cm and belongs to OBC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir, I am Upendar Kumar and my height is 166 cm. I have passed graduation with Art stream and I belongs to OBC. Is there is any chance to apply for Police Constable. My email id:[email protected].
If you fulfill below given criteria then you are eligible for Police Constable post.

Those candidates who have completed 10th standard from a recognized board are eligible for Constable post.

Your age should be in between 18 to 27 years.

Minimum Physical Standard:

i) For Male Candidates:
Height-1.67 mtrs.
Weight-51.5 Kgs
Chest-79 cms with a minimum expansion of 5 cms

ii) For Female Candidates:-
Height-1.60 mtrs.
Weight- 45 Kgs
7th July 2016, 12:28 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The height required to become a Police Constable is 167 cms for OBC candidates in various state police recruitment. So, you can check the eligibility criteria in your state for exact details.

- > The age should be between 19 to 25 years.
-> The 10th or 12th passed candidates can appear for the written test for the selection to police constable post.
-> There will be a physical endurance test and certificate verification after clearing the written test.
7th July 2016, 10:55 AM
Khurit
Senior Member+

To become a Police Constable one need to pass 10+2 from any board, but you are a graduate so you do not need to worry about your educational qualification. Minimum age limit to apply is 18 years & maximum 25 years. As you belong to OBC category you will get age relaxation of 3 years. Maximum age you can apply is 28 years.

Your height may be a concerned to get the job as physical fitness may vary as per States. Generally they consider 167 CM or above.
7th July 2016, 02:48 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Physical Standards Required for the post of Police Constable:

No, as far as my knowledge is concerned you are not eligible to apply for Police constable recruitment with 166 cms height. In general the minimum height required varies from recruitment to recruitment. So the minimum height required for Police Constable in CPO's varies from other state's police constable recruitment's.

For Police Constable in CPO's:

>> Minimum Height for Males - 170 cms
>> Minimum Height for Females - 157 cms

For State's Police Constable Recruitment:

>> Minimum Height for Males - 168 cms
>> Minimum Height for Females - 152 cms

So as your height is less than what is actually required, I am once again sorry to say that you are not eligible to apply for this recruitment.
7th July 2016, 08:02 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for the post of police constable with a height of 166 cm.

Eligibility criteria to apply for the post of constable in police are as under :-

-The candidate should have passed 12th class (H.S.C.) or equivalent from a recognized board or institute .

-The candidate age should be upto 25 years for open category and 30 years for reserved categories.

Physical requirements :-

Height :

For men 165 cms and for Woman 161 cms .

Chest : 79 - 84 cms .

Selection Process :

Physical tests and

Written examination.
7th July 2016, 11:48 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

As per your height you are not eligible for police constable post.

The following are the eligibility criteria required for police constable:-

>>Candidates must have passed 12th exam can apply for the police constable test.

>>Applicants should be minimum age 18 years and above, but should not exceed 22 years.

>>you need to have a minimum 167 cms height. also require 81 cms chest with a maximum increase of 5 cms.
19th June 2018, 09:41 PM
Unregistered

Sir my hight 163 I'm qualify police constable please reply me ([email protected])
22nd July 2019, 11:23 PM
Unregistered

I belongs to sc caste and my height 165 cm. Can I eligible for west Bengal constable 8419 post? Please reply
16th March 2021, 06:04 PM
Unregistered

Sir my height 166 cm can I eligible for Constable job in Telangana
2nd June 2021, 11:04 PM
Unregistered

I'm belong to Uttar Pradesh and I'm in obs category and my height is 166cm so pls suggest me where I can apply to became a police man.
19th June 2021, 05:11 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for SI in haryana if my height is 167cm plz reply
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?